Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Family pet on the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family pet on the move

First attempt at animals using my 40-150 pro. Went out for a short walk and sat on the hill in the dogs path. I'm really impressed with the lens. Apologies for the sudden surge in uploading photos I have been battling with my computer for several months after microsoft messed it up over the phone uising remote access then told me I needed to re install windows. Luckily I knew more than the person on the other end of the phone and proved them wrong but thats another story.

Ah well I can now start flooding the forum with pics sorry everyone ;-)

EM-1 MK1 - No website containing any of my photos until I'm good enough!

Re: Family pet on the move

Very nice set, the dog looks to be a great character.

I see he/she has heterocromia iridis ( I had to look that up ) but it adds further to its appeal.

Thanks for sharing.
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
      Very nice set, the dog looks to be a great character.

I see he/she has heterocromia iridis ( I had to look that up ) but it adds further to its appeal.

Thanks for sharing.

very observant :-). Can also be referred to as Merle. Mostly associated with a dogs coat but can apply to its eyes too.

He is called ollie and is mental. every parked car he walks past he bites its tyre. I loves to try and heard cars even if it means getting run over.

Comment

he actually tried herding a roller once

Comment

Bet he nearly went flat out. Ollie looks a great dog full of mischief and ready for fun.

Wee Man
          Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Lovely set, I hope he gives the ball up easily enough for you to throw!

I've been really enjoying my 40-150, still early days for me, especially as the zoom direction is the complete opposite to my old Sigma 70-200... It didn't register when I was trying it out at one of Olympus' events, but stood pitch side it did fairly quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
              Bet he nearly went flat out. Ollie looks a great dog full of mischief and ready for fun.

Wee Man
              He is mental and never seems to tire out, he does have a habit of not catching the ball and letting it bounce to the bottom of the large hill so it goes into the thorn bushes lol. We hAve lost plenty of tennis balls there.

Comment

Originally posted by Aniseedvan View Post
                Lovely set, I hope he gives the ball up easily enough for you to throw!

I've been really enjoying my 40-150, still early days for me, especially as the zoom direction is the complete opposite to my old Sigma 70-200... It didn't register when I was trying it out at one of Olympus' events, but stood pitch side it did fairly quickly!
                Many thanks. Im well impressed with the lens, focus seems really quick, he was at full speed on the first one and probably managed about 85% of shots in focus. Cant say i have used the 1.4 conv much so far though. I was lucky he likes posing. I bet you dont miss the 70-200 now :-)
                Ha I can imagagine re the zoom. I'm fortunate that I know no different.

Comment

Originally posted by timboo View Post
                  Many thanks. Im well impressed with the lens, focus seems really quick, he was at full speed on the first one and probably managed about 85% of shots in focus. Cant say i have used the 1.4 conv much so far though. I was lucky he likes posing. I bet you dont miss the 70-200 now :-)
                  Ha I can imagagine re the zoom. I'm fortunate that I know no different.
                  No, not used my TC much either. The sigma went as part funding for this lens and out of everything I got rid of, I think that lens was the one I was saddest about; happy memories of clambering up a Welsh hillside with a photography friend so we could grab pics of the jets training through the Mach loop, and only seeing one GR9 and a couple of training hawks all day! The weight reduction of not carting a FF DSLR, battery grip with 8 AAs and that is certainly not missed though!

Comment

Originally posted by Aniseedvan View Post
                    No, not used my TC much either. The sigma went as part funding for this lens and out of everything I got rid of, I think that lens was the one I was saddest about; happy memories of clambering up a Welsh hillside with a photography friend so we could grab pics of the jets training through the Mach loop, and only seeing one GR9 and a couple of training hawks all day! The weight reduction of not carting a FF DSLR, battery grip with 8 AAs and that is certainly not missed though!

You wont look back long term, and the versatility of this lens is great even for portraits. I bet your arm is saying thank you for giving it a break. Do you use yours much with the hood? I find mine just gets in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by timboo View Post
                      You wont look back long term, and the versatility of this lens is great even for portraits. I bet your arm is saying thank you for giving it a break. Do you use yours much with the hood? I find mine just gets in the way.
                      Hood is on all the time, it absolutely chucked it down the other week, so keeping water drops off the front is very handy... I was also shooting a match this afternoon and the sun was getting very close to becoming a problem in the second half, but the hood has ensured no flare (fine for arty photos, not when you're trying to get sharp shots of footballers!)

Comment

Working...
                      X