Misty Mornings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misty Mornings

Over the past couple of weeks during my regular dog walk in Lyme Park I've been trying to capture the wintery morning mists that seem to fill the Cheshire Plains at this time of year.

Can't decide if this last one is only fit for the recycle bin?
    Chris

Re: Misty Mornings

My fav there is No1, I can almost feel the frost from here.

I don't know about the bin for No4, it does have a certian atmosphere.

Comment

In my opinion 2 and 4 are stunners. The others aren't bad just these two grab the attention.
      Glen
      Cogito sumere potum alterum

Comment

Your getting to good at these.

All really good,I cannot make up my mind which I like best.

Well done
        All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Great shots of misty mornings - like Andy I like them all.

Regards. Barr1e
          Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

1, 2 and 4 for me, though I might crop a fraction on either side of 4.

Great shots

Nick
            Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
            www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Oh no, don't get rid of the last one. Crop/clone out that half tree on the right hand side and it's even better. Maybe increase the contrast a teeny bit too. Love the atmosphere in that one.
              - my pictures -

Comment

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments.

Andy - congratulations on your recent news - you''ll soon become too busy to process all your photos!
                Chris

Comment

Actually No.4 is my fave - though it might benefit from some additional post processing to really bring it out?

Ian
                  Founder and editor of:
                  Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                  Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                  Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                  Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                  Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                  Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                  NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                  sigpic

Comment

Would 4 be better as black & white?

David

Comment

2 & 4 are the best ones, to my eye. On 4: I agree about cloning out that bit of tree at top right; I wouldn't make it B&W; I would be interested to see what it looks like if in contrast, you select that bottom triangle of brown frosted grass and up the saturation a bit...

On 2, a lovely shot - don't touch it!! LOL

I'm jealous! Round here all we have is flat country, damp streets and leaden grey-brown skies and not a sign of the beauty of Winter, so I don't think I shall get a crack at that E-30 comp at all.

Comment

I particularly like the second one. All are worth keeping although I would clone out the bit of tree and inhabits the far right of the last one. It seems that when taking trees there is always a part of one on the edge that you don't really want. There is a fine line between how much of a tree on an edge (or top in relation to branches) is acceptable. In relation to the first image I would say that there isn't really enough of the tree on the left and the trunk cuts the edge - more of the tree would be better. However, given that what I see is what you took (I am guessing), I would crop it to exclude the trunk. This still leaves the 'hole' between trees, which is a nice feature of this image.
                        We have nice landscapes around here in south Wales and a two-week break from work over Christmas should inspire me to dust off the E-3.

Dave
                        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Makonde View Post
                          2 & 4 are the best ones, to my eye. On 4: I agree about cloning out that bit of tree at top right; I wouldn't make it B&W; I would be interested to see what it looks like if in contrast, you select that bottom triangle of brown frosted grass and up the saturation a bit...

On 2, a lovely shot - don't touch it!! LOL

I'm jealous! Round here all we have is flat country, damp streets and leaden grey-brown skies and not a sign of the beauty of Winter, so I don't think I shall get a crack at that E-30 comp at all.

I've used Ellie's and others suggestions to crop & add contrast and here's the result. Thank you.
                          However I don't think B&W is the way to go as this IMO would/might lose the muted nature that appears in the colour version. (I concede that this opinion reflects my inexperience at B&W conversion).

I really appreciate the tutelage on this friendly site and hope it's improving my photography.

Since adopting Lightroom it has become so much easier to create new versions and try-out changes - almost too easy, you have to decide when to draw the line...

Hope you like the changes.
                          Chris

Comment

I actually think No3 is the weakest; Nos 1,2 & 4 are stunners. No4 may benefit from shifting the WB a little towards blue to acentuate the coldness of this fantasic winter scene.
                            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                            X