Christmas = Chocolates!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas = Chocolates!!

Hope you dont mind me posting this over on here as i still 'hang-out' here although i no-longer own an E-system camera (Will wait to see what the E-3 successor brings). Anyway, i'm slowly getting to grips with the new D700 & 50mm 1.4 (Love this lens!)

My youngest daughter loves Christmas as the choccy's come out

Chris

Re: Christmas = Chocolates!!

Naaah Chris, everything is wrong with that D700 and 50mm f1.4 - if I were you I'd just ship it down here to get it off your hands. Tell you what, I'll cover the postage...

Hehe.... lovely bokeh mate, and pin sharp too - and your daughter looks to be on cloud nine! Great family photo!
    John

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
      Naaah Chris, everything is wrong with that D700 and 50mm f1.4 - if I were you I'd just ship it down here to get it off your hands. Tell you what, I'll cover the postage...

Hehe.... lovely bokeh mate, and pin sharp too - and your daughter looks to be on cloud nine! Great family photo!

Cheers John,

I will consider your offer to take it off my hands and get back to you

The Bokeh on the 1.4 is amazing. the Christmas tree was two feet behind her and still render OOF.

As for the picture, she insisted on payment for posing (in chocolate of course!), but its giving me practice for the upcoming 365 of my two girls (What have i let myself in for )

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chillimonster View Post
        Cheers John,

I will consider your offer to take it off my hands and get back to you

The Bokeh on the 1.4 is amazing. the Christmas tree was two feet behind her and still render OOF.

As for the picture, she insisted on payment for posing (in chocolate of course!), but its giving me practice for the upcoming 365 of my two girls (What have i let myself in for )

Chris
        When are you starting it Chris... Jan 1st?
        John

Comment

Originally posted by theMusicMan View Post
          When are you starting it Chris... Jan 1st?
          Yup!, January 1st. I will post up links to the Thread over on TPf (unless i duplicate it here??), and the images will be on both my Flickr Page and my LightProofBox set.

Chris

Comment

Hehe, just to tease, the highlights on your daughter's shirt looks a bit blown in places?! Didn't think a D700 could do that!

Actually this would make a good entry for the salon going on in our other site, DPNow.

http://dpnow.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=7059

There is also a thread about bokeh and aperture disc shapes going on at FTU:

http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum...ead.php?t=3050

Ian
            Founder and editor of:
            Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
            Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
            Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
            Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
            NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
              Hehe, just to tease, the highlights on your daughter's shirt looks a bit blown in places?! Didn't think a D700 could do that!

With me in charge of the shutter button, anything is possible

Thanks for the links, i'll have a look at those later.

Chris

Comment

That's a fantastic picture, doesn't matter which camera it was taken with

Originally posted by Chillimonster View Post
                the Thread over on TPf
                Umm, what's TPf?
                - my pictures -

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                  That's a fantastic picture, doesn't matter which camera it was taken with

Umm, what's TPf?
                  Thanks Ellie.

TPf = TalkPhotography

I'd post up the 365 on here, but with this being an E-System forum, i wouldn't want to rock the boat (so to speak) so i will post it up on TPf and announe it over on here so any interested parties can follow the thread.

Chris

Comment

Hey Chris,

Hope you don't stop posting here because of a minor technicality like not owning an E-System camera! Anyway, you say you might be interested in the E3 successor and that's good enough for me. I don't believe we should fall out over something as insignificant as what cameras we own - but do expect the occasional bit of ribbing for owning a N*k*n. I might try to think of another scenario where the E3 outclasses the D3/D700, although that might be difficult and may require some really creative parallel logic and manipulation of statistics!
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                    X