The garden nursery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The garden nursery

It's been a very good year for nesting in the garden. we have had one pair of Blue Tits using the nest box, A group of Dunnock, a Wren, Robin and several Sparrows in the hedges surrounding the garden. A large number of Goldfinch roosting and nesting in a large clump of bamboo. This week was the turn of the fledgling sparrows.

Hey, I am feeling hungry

Thanks, that's better.....for the moment. No wonder the fledgling is bigger than the adult.

One of the Robins that had fledged last week had remembered where the feeder was, and was helping itself.

The following day more Sparrows had fledged.

Hope you like these.

Best wishes

Peter
    Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Re: The garden nursery

Very much, especially the last 2.
    Stuff from Cuba
    More stuff from Cuba
    It all started here

Comment

It's always a pleasure to see the fledglings at this time of the year. Lovely shots Peter, especially the last two with the youngster's wings quivering.

Ron

Comment

A few days on and the fledglings no longer are being fed by their parents - they should have learnt what food there is to eat and where to find it.

This little fledgling was found in the bushes, snoozing. It remained asleep as I approached.

I had to whistle to gain its attention.

It looks pretty fed up. No parents around. At least he is near the bird feeding station and seeing other birds feeding here might encourage him to start to feed itself. I hope so. Most other fledgling sparrows are now feeding themselves and keeping with the flock.

Best wishes

Pete
        Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

the first set of images certainly got better as we scrolled down with the last 4 or 5 being very good indeed

TFS

Photos by Ian Browne on Facebook

Comment

Very cute and lucky to have so many.
            https://amandat.smugmug.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajthrelfall/

Comment

Working...
            X