Bluebells at their best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluebells at their best?

Two and a half weeks ago I posted a pic of a fairly local bluebell wood, too early to really capture the magic of the carpet of blue. In the meantime we were away for a few days and I we did wonder if we had missed out this year but we joined the throngs today and were rewarded with a lovely floor of blue and the trees are more in leaf now which gives a good contrast. I particularly wanted to get a pic in sunlight but that, of course, in itself, does cause some problem with intermittently changing light patterns. The blooms are already losing a little of their colour intensity and I think in another week the show will be over and the crowds will abate! It has been more of a challenge this year to get a people-free shot.

Taken with the OM-D E-M1, 9-18mm lens.

Regards,
    Ann1e

Re: Bluebells at their best?

That's beautiful Anne.

A lovely composition and beautiful well captured light.

Thanks for sharing.
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

lovely light and really blue bluebells, great stuff

Comment

If they are not at their best they must be pretty close. Magic!
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Oh just to wander along that path and immerse my soul in a sea of Bluebelles!

Now you have me waxing poetic, Anne!

I love the way your processing transforms the scene into a fairyland of vibrant colour.
          My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
          The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
          On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

You have done so well Ann1e, with what must have been a difficult shoot - with people and light and shade to contend with.
            Very much worth your efforts and I love this scene. Your woodland and bluebells are so different to our wild flowers which tend to be out on dusty plains with blazing sun!

Comment

Lovely, great light

Comment

Ashridge Estate?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                  Ashridge Estate?

Jim
                  Yes, Jim, Ashridge - off the road linking Ringshall with Ivinghoe Beacon - Dockey Wood.

Regards,
                  Ann1e

Comment

Good low angle which shows off the incredible density of the planting and lovely colour.
                    Stuff from Cuba
                    More stuff from Cuba
                    It all started here

Comment

Thanks all for looking in and commenting. I guess it was a question of patience on the day - with the greater density of leaves this time, it was essential to have some sunlight but in some parts of the wood, it was just too much! Just a few more days and it will all be over for another year.

I can see how you enjoy our countryside scenes, Lyn, although there are parts of suburban Australia which do resemble our own and your dusty plains and blazing sun give us the chance to see your amazing vibrant flora in their natural setting, something we can only see in botanic gardens.

Regards,
                      Ann1e

Comment

When we visit a bluebell wood, my partner often says "Can you smell it?"

I usually reply by making a show of examining the soles of my shoes and saying "It isn't me!".

She reckons there's no poetry in my soul!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                          When we visit a bluebell wood, my partner often says "Can you smell it?"

I usually reply by making a show of examining the soles of my shoes and saying "It isn't me!".

She reckons there's no poetry in my soul!

Jim
                          I guess we'll have to leave the poetry to Mark (Pandora)!

Regards,
                          Ann1e

Comment

Such a glorious display of those beautiful flowers!! I also enjoy the patter following the posting of the photo.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Gordon View Post
                              Such a glorious display of those beautiful flowers!! I also enjoy the patter following the posting of the photo.....
                              Thanks, Bill - glad you liked the display of our beautiful spring flowers. It's wonderful how modern technology can let us share these images 'Across the Pond' and 'Down Under' and to so many other places in the world.

Regards,
                              Ann1e

Comment

Working...
                              X