Guitar heaven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar heaven?

We had a good night for axe fans at Salisbury City Hall in the week. Legendary guitarist Robin Trower recently hit 70 and decided to celebrate with a new album and a concert tour. And even better he invited Joanne Shaw Taylor (Brit blues queen, now based in Detroit) to open the shows.

There were three of us snapping away. I had met one photog before, with a Canon 400mm f/2.8 monster, I was very surprised to meet another with a couple of OM-Ds. He enjoyed stroking my 40-150/2.8.

Joanne:

I deliberately left this one as a loose crop, I like the sense of isolation against the dark background. It's not the sharpest, 1/100 and she was shaking the guitar (and herself) a fair bit, but I think it captures some of the intensity.

Robin:

He sure gives good gurn He is also a remarkable guitarist. When he played Bridge of Sighs, the title track from his breakthrough second album, it took me straight back to student digs in the 1970s.

Both on EM-1, 40-150/2.8 at full stretch and wide open.

John

Re: Guitar heaven?

Both excellent shots.... movement in the first adds to the image as you said.

If I had ben there I would also stroke the 40-150mm
    Blackadder: "Allow me to be the first to offer Dr. Johnson my most sincere contrafibularities! I am anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused him such pericombobulation."

Comment

Very atmospheric!

Comment

Thank for the photos, is good to see Mr. Trower in action.
        http://technopeasant.org

Comment

You nailed the mood so good that I can almost hear them John!
          My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
          The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
          On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Thank you gentlemen.

Stuart - it was indeed good to see Mr. Trower. He plays with real intensity, and his main set was over an hour with another 15 minutes or so of encores. If I can maintain 75 minutes at that intensity when I'm 70 I will be a pretty happy bunny!

John

Comment

Great captures and I agree, the movement in image 1 works better and adds real character to the image.
              Ian from the Cotswolds
              http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Two nice shots and agree re movement.
                Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Working...
                X