Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First outing..

Hi All,

Finally managed to get out today with my new to me EP2. I only had a limited time but thought I'd check out a little derelict fever hospital.

Out of the 40 or so pics I only managed a few I thought were good enough to show here. I thinks its going to take a long time to get back into things. As some of you that remember me you'll remember I was heavily into tonemapping however I want to look for another way of processing so I've tried to go for a dark retro look if that makes sense?

Please feel free to share any tips or comments, I'd like to get back into things as I really enjoyed myself today.

Thanks in advance..
    Garrie

p.s, trust "The Judge" to make an entrance now to shoot me down..

Re: First outing..

Nice interesting set of images, one and five being my favourites.
    Processing definitely compliments the subjects, giving a nice gritty appearance in a 'no punches pulled' sort of way.
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Looks fine to me, and the subject matter is interesting. Tips? For a camera of that generation, I'd normally advise to shoot raw and shoot with Gradiation set to normal. In some conditions (e.g. very overcast), it pays to push the exposure (+1 and beyond) and then pull/push in post. Caveat YMMV applies though (it also pays to experiment).

Comment

Hi there, and welcome back man. Like the crutches picture, very nice....

Have you tried some of the art settings on the Pen?

Yes I know, art settings... but if you shoot jpeg + raw you can always get the original back. I used to use the grainy monochrome setting on the E-PL3 from time to time.

Pete
        Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Welcome back, Garrie! Nos. 2 & 5 for me. I'm glad you've not gone with tonemapping because I thought it was too extreme (for me).

Andrew

Comment

Hello Garrie, and welcome back indeed. It has been far too long since we had the pleasure of seeing your work.

I really like the style that you produce from urban decay and dereliction, and very much hope we will see (and hear) more from you.

PS "The Judge" went dark back in May 2009
            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Nice arty, gritty shots, and an interesting subject.

Snaarman: I tried the art settings on my PL3 last Thu morning....but no-one seemed very impressed on here (didn't comment, anyway)........ So I think I might hesitate the next time. But as you say, I used RAW too, and used one of them with normal colour.

So there's a tip, Garrie!

Comment

Thanks for the replies and appologies for the late response (it was mys Birthday on Saturday and mine on Sunday so its been hetic)

regarding the art filters, I've not had chance to try them, in honesty I had forgotten this camera had them :-)

I hope to post more soon.

Thanks again for all the kind replies

Cheers
                Garrie

Comment

Belated Birthday Greetings.

I hope that what you got for your birthday will inspire you to produce and show us more of your images.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Working...
                  X