A greek beach as you've never seen it before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A greek beach as you've never seen it before

Yesterday a photographer friend and I went on a beach nearby to give those ol' cameras a bit of an airing. The beach, thronged in summer, was a picture of desolation. Apart from a few passers- by and a couple of surfers, we were completely alone.

This was a small crucifix on the prow of a small fishing boat. Eyeing the enraged sea, it striked me as particularly fitting.

When we had finished, we went to an empty parking lot and gave his peugeot 207 a run for its money. This is the epilogue of a nice day

PS. This was also my first serious outing with the E-1, and I was speecheless with the quality of the photographs when I saw them on my monitor. I found it ridiculously easy to get exactly the output I wanted. What a camera!

Re: A greek beach as you've never seen it before

I really like your low viewpoint for the "views", it adds a lot to the pictures.

Of all these the picture of the crucifix and the mono of the boat are my favourites.
    - my pictures -

Comment

I agree with Ellie re your collection of images. The crucifix to me is a compelling image. I also found myself staring at image 5. The perpectives seem all over the place - not a fault with your image though.The straight horizon and the curved shoreline create an image within an image. Just could not stop looking at it.

Great pics and thanks for sharing

Peter
      Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PeterD View Post
        I also found myself staring at image 5. <snip> Just could not stop looking at it.
        Very unsettling - who'd buy a Peugeot?!
        ;^)

Jim

Comment

Thank you for your comments everybody. Peter, the fifth image was taken with the 8mm fisheye. Maybe I went a bit wild with it, but that is the fun with that lens! Jim, that Peugeot is a cracking little car indeed! Light years ahead of my wee Ford Ka, and it goes like a devil around corners!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
            Very unsettling - who'd buy a Peugeot?!
            ;^)

Jim
            Jim, the Peugeot is image 7. Peugeot and Citroen are the same company. I own a Citroen and am proud of it

Cheers

Peter
            Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by giorgosmit View Post
              Thank you for your comments everybody. Peter, the fifth image was taken with the 8mm fisheye. Maybe I went a bit wild with it, but that is the fun with that lens! Jim, that Peugeot is a cracking little car indeed! Light years ahead of my wee Ford Ka, and it goes like a devil around corners!
              Thanks for the explanation. It certainly caught my attention!

Peter
              Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PeterD View Post
                Peugeot and Citroen are the same company.
                Yes: France PLC.

Originally posted by giorgosmit View Post
                The beach, thronged in summer, was a picture of desolation.
                Should that not be thonged in summer?

Excellent shots BTW. I'm glad you like the E1. After five years it is still a brilliant camera.
                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Love this collection especially No 5. I could spend a lot of time staring at this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X