Tanzania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanzania

Sharing a few samples/quick selection of photos from a fantastic safari I made the past weeks through four of Tanzania's National Parks. Since most people often at some point will ask "did you see the Big Five?" this made the selection of photos relatively easy. Also sharing some Cheetahs, more photogenic subjects are hard to find.

The Rhino was the hardest subject to get good photos of - darn heat distortion.

More photos will be uploaded on 500px (link in signature) moving forward.

Thanks for looking,
    Tord

Male Lion, Serengeti NP. E-M1/50-200SWD, @70mm F/4.5

Group of African Elephants, Tarangire NP. E-M1/50-200 SWD, 50mm F/3.5

Cape Buffalo Bull, Ngorongoro CA. E-M1/50-200 SWD, 150mm, F/3.5

Male Leopard, Serengeti NP. E5/300mm, F/4

Black Rhino, Ngorongoro CA. E5/300mm, F/3.5

Cheetah female and cubs, Serengeti NP. E-M1/50-200 SWD, 50mm, F/4

My Gallery on 500px

Re: Tanzania

Great set Tord, too good to choose just one although its not often you get a big cat yawning its head off just for you.
    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
    Learn something new every day

Comment

Great shots, I see your model in number four got bored as you checked all the buttons and knobs.
      Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Nice!

Can I ask if you were on a self-arranged trip or did you use a safari tour operator? Would you particularly recommend any of the safari lodges you stayed at?

Tanzania game drives are definitely on the bucket list!
        Regards,
        Mark

------------------------------
        http://www.microcontrast.com
        Too much Oly gear.
        Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
        Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Consider my jaw dropped. The yawning leopard is fantastic - the rest are really good too.
          OMD E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 pro, 40-150 f2.8 pro, MC-14, MMF-3 & 70-300 f4-5.6

E-620, 12-40 , 40-150 f4-5.6,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68406149@N08/

Comment

Nice set. Particularly like the 3-inch teeth on the yawning cat!
            Margaret

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook

Comment

Wonderful set, Tord. Very difficult to pick a favourite but I really like the arrangement of resting cheetahs around the base of a tree.
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
                Nice!

Can I ask if you were on a self-arranged trip or did you use a safari tour operator? Would you particularly recommend any of the safari lodges you stayed at?

Tanzania game drives are definitely on the bucket list!
                The trip was arranged by a tour operator with long and solid track record. We (the two of us) provided them input, areas of interest/expectations and they proposed a tour with one of their standard tours as baseline and with some modifications and options pending e.g. actual weather conditions. The planning and saving started three years ago and the final details were set as we landed and were met by our safari driver. We stayed in tent camps over lodges as much as possible.

I intend to review the accomodations the coming days on Tripadvisor. This way it will benefit an even larger audience.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Hard enough to see one at all, so definately 10 points for the Leopard! But all are great sights to behold. I guess you brought month of post processing work back? I am jealous!

I whish I had my current gear and not just an Oly UZ-740 (3MP) with me, when I went on "Safari" in South Africa. Photos from back then are lacking so much by now ...
                  I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

Fantastic pictures...the yawning Leopold stands out for me, just a shame the plant head is over the bottom tooth !! But that's just being really really picky, one on my bucket list...will I ever get there ???

Cheers

Peter
                    OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
                    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                    www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Comment

Working...
                    X