Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

The Cambridge Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cambridge Alternative

I''ve already shown my pictures from our Cambridge street shoot on Saturday; here are a few taken by my daughter.

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: The Cambridge Alternative

She clearly shares your talent John. I really like nr 3 - quite superb.
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Oh, I do like that snow one!
      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

A nice set, the third's the stand out for me also.
        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

All very good, you must be proud of her. Nr 3 for me too, but the socks and b/w graffiti are both excellent. Your daughter definitely has the photographer's eye.
          Steve

on flickr

Comment

I have admired your daughter's photos before John, and this is a great set.
            Every one is interesting and beautifully done. As said, she truly has a photographer's eye.
            No3 is exquisite - a Monet look about it.

Comment

She is obviously a very talented girl John. A great set of images. I love number three too but I would love it even more if you could rotate it anticlockwise just a tad to get those verticals straight. Picky or what?

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Floribunda View Post
                I have admired your daughter's photos before John, and this is a great set.
                Every one is interesting and beautifully done. As said, she truly has a photographer's eye.
                No3 is exquisite - a Monet look about it.
                Yes, I thought No 3 has a painterly quality.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
                  She is obviously a very talented girl John. A great set of images. I love number three too but I would love it even more if you could rotate it anticlockwise just a tad to get those verticals straight. Picky or what?

Ron
                  John

Comment

Wish her luck from me John. A strong portfolio was a big part of getting a place in my day.
                    It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

#3 id the standout shot although #1 is a cracker too.
                      I wouldn't encourage her John, next she'd be criticizing your work!
                      My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                      The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                      On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

I agree with everyone else, she certainly has your eye for a shot John. They've all got that little bit extra lifting them above the norm but I'm going with the flow and picking no#3 as my favourite. She should have a great portfolio and no problem getting a place at college I'd say.
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                          #3 id the standout shot although #1 is a cracker too.
                          I wouldn't encourage her John, next she'd be criticizing your work!
                          She already does - apparantly all my pictures are cr*p!
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                            She already does - apparantly all my pictures are cr*p!
                            Sounds familiar, John ... I have such a daughter too!
                            My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                            The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                            On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Snow and rain are quite hard to photograph, often you end up with just a grey and/or unclear image. So well done to her and another vote for #3.
                              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                              Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                              X