Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Yet more springtails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more springtails

Some of my first shots with my 3 tubes plus the Raynox DCR250 on the Sigma 105 with my Olympus OMD E-M1 now with my Nissin Di466 flash off camera.

I was not paying attention earlier in the day when I found a lot of subjects and shot at ISO 3200 with flash which not as detailed as they could have been.

Well I went out and mangaed to find some subjects in the time I had. With the extra magnification I am not cropping as much but I need to make a diffuser for the new flash position.

Dicyrtomina-saundersi by alf.branch, on Flickr

This one was moving slowly and seemed to be struggling I looked away for another subject to find it on its back

Climbing-the-hill by alf.branch, on Flickr

On-its-back-2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Springtail by alf.branch, on Flickr
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: Yet more springtails

Must have lost the spring in its tail! They're good shots, Alf. I prefer #1 to the others.

Comment

Excellent stuff again Alf of a tricky little subject!
      Stuff from Cuba
      More stuff from Cuba
      It all started here

Comment

Inspiring stuff - thank you for showing.
        I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

Very nice, Alf. You are doing a great job on these insect macros.
          John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Thanks all for the comments.
            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Macro is a facinating world, Thanks for sharing.
              Conor.
              Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

A whole new world!
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Two and four for me. Lovely details. Good work just finding the subjects and not frightening them off.

Will

Comment

Working...
                  X