Fun Watercress Line Boxing Day Alresford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Watercress Line Boxing Day Alresford

Hi all just a few snaps of lots of fun at The Watercress Line, at Alresford in Hampshire and their themed "World War II" Boxing Day event

Lots of people got dressed up, the most popular item worn ? Red Lipstick for the ladies and hats were AMAZING

In the car park, as we arrived, this chap walked by He reminded me of a certain antipodean ex Tasmania ... on here often now cycling

This lady singing, made my day in her most beautiful coat (her husband bought her and he is dressed "french resistance" and standing nearby)

He had also hunted the world for this "unique and "Vintage" microphone simply beautiful

This family (sons behind them) really made huge efforts to be "on theme" and looked so smart

Most people made the "Effort" getting into the Spirit of the theme and beautifully dressed. Ladies with hair set in the 40's styles as well as RED Lipstick

Our Christmas holidays Guests loved this unique Boxing Day outing and yes I did dress up and wear RED Lipstick as my friend too - but our chaps NAY! they said "t'was too darn cold for that dressing up malarkey" but there are photos of all of us below

ps only a few here, but lots more on my Flickr albums hotlink below
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Re: Fun Watercress Line Boxing Day Alresford

What wonderful events / customs / traditions you English have... looks like a lot of fun and gives one a sense of stepping back 70+ years in time. As usual, superb pictures, Chevvy.
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
      What wonderful events / customs / traditions you English have... looks like a lot of fun and gives one a sense of stepping back 70+ years in time. As usual, superb pictures, Chevvy.
      Mark Hi the first chap reminded me of YOU Beret mostly
      [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

That looks like a great day out Chevvy you captured the atmosphere very well and certainly entered into the spirit of it yourself perfectly. I agree the first shot does look like Mark in the images he posts.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
          That looks like a great day out Chevvy you captured the atmosphere very well and certainly entered into the spirit of it yourself perfectly. I agree the first shot does look like Mark in the images he posts.
          Phill, you made my day I too thought it was our Mark ... for a moment as I knew he was zillions of miles away

It was such fun
          [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Looks like a fantastic event. Great images.

Comment

I am going to get a cannondale bike if Mark can get there and back in only one day! This looks like a super day and a lot of effort put into the event.
              Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                Mark Hi the first chap reminded me of YOU Beret mostly
                Thank you Chevvy, it is a great honour to bear resemblance to a veteran of Her Majesty's Armed Forces,
                which in turn reminds me of days bygone when a certain antipodean proudly served in the Australian Army Signals Corps.

Pictured here it is hard to imagine this rugged war hero having single-handedly wiped out an entire company
                of advancing Viet Cong at Nui Dat simply by posing as one of them and detonating a back pack of grenades.
                For this brave action he was posthumously awarded the VC ... (Viet Cong!)
                My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
                  I am going to get a cannondale bike if Mark can get there and back in only one day! This looks like a super day and a lot of effort put into the event.
                  Ed, you are sooo funny and make me laugh lots
                  [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                    Thank you Chevvy, it is a great honour to bear resemblance to a veteran of Her Majesty's Armed Forces,
                    which in turn reminds me of days bygone when a certain antipodean proudly served in the Australian Army Signals Corps.

Pictured here it is hard to imagine this rugged war hero having single-handedly wiped out an entire company
                    of advancing Viet Cong at Nui Dat simply by posing as one of them and detonating a back pack of grenades.
                    For this brave action he was posthumously awarded the VC ... (Viet Cong!)

Sad to hear but a very nice image of a oooh handsome young man and Selina ?
                    [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

I'm sure that were the antipodean still alive he would be smitten by your admiration, Chevvy.

As for the baby, well I can assure you that the child is unrelated to the soldier, and is definitely not Salina - today's DNA technology would prove it.
                      My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X