Oh, Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Deer

There has always been a presence of deer in the neighbourhood, our suburban garden backing onto farmland. We get regular early morning and night-time visits from browsing Muntjac, with Roe very seen very rarely.

The situation changed with repeated flooding last winter. Roe were flooded off the Thames floodplain, into gardens. They like what they found and a family of four has often been around at night since then (trail camera video). This doe arrived earlier than usual, in the fading light after sunset. I have left the lighting (brightness) much as it was.

Shot with my EM-1 and Kiron 105mm macro and cropped to blow it up about three and a half times. Hand-held.

Harold

The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Re: Oh, Deer

Delicious! I've always found Roe to be a more tasty meat than any other venison.
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
      Delicious! I've always found Roe to be a more tasty meat than any other venison.
      Thanks for the tip. The wife is too soft with the various vermin. If I had my way... Harold

Comment

We have Roe deer all around but not in the garden. That would be something to add to my list - as I actually made a special effort this year to focus (more or less) only on "in the own garden" stuff.
        Cant' believe the Buddleia ist still flowering over there!? Mine are done with since - two months or something
        I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

Originally posted by Falk View Post
          We have Roe deer all around but not in the garden. That would be something to add to my list - as I actually made a special effort this year to focus (more or less) only on "in the own garden" stuff.
          Cant' believe the Buddleia ist still flowering over there!? Mine are done with since - two months or something
          I forgot to enter the date. It was in July. They are still around but a bit more secretive. Harold

Comment

Working...
          X