Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

On Reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Reflection

An early morning breakfast at the Hiker on Hengistbury Head was followed by a two hour stroll around the entire reserve but there was no sign of any interesting bird life, so I had to photograph reflections instead

gull take off 1 by BrianWadie, on Flickr

harbour reflections 3 by BrianWadie, on Flickr
    harbour reflections by BrianWadie, on Flickr

harbour reflections 1 by BrianWadie, on Flickr

It wasn't all bad though, I did see a young Fox sunning itself in plain sight but I made the mistake of letting Pam know it was there, so of course the Fox heard me and scarpered, all I got was a russet brown blur in the bracken!

Re: On Reflection

Excellent!
    Steve

on flickr

Comment

Brian, I feel I really missed out on a fab walk about there and especially that Fox sunning itself but your fab images with the most amazing reflections have more than made up for any disappointment

Thanks for Sharing
      [I].
      I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
      Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

On reflection, it was a pretty good day!
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Great shots Brian...love that first one it is a smasher

Comment

thanks Chevvy, John & Bill.

Yes, it was a lovely walk Chevvy, made even better by the fact that my legs behaved so I made it without problems (having a few joint problems at the moment so a bit restricted some days)

Some days the light just plays the game

Comment

A really pretty set Brian - I love No2.
              I hope the old joints don't give too much trouble.

Comment

Thanks Lyn, those huts are a favourite subject for reflections, even better when there is a bit of a mist about

the joint problems are a legacy from motorcycling and sport injuries, sort of a delayed punishment for having too much fun when younger.

Just one of those things sent to stop us olds having as much fun in our more mature years

Comment

Great shots Brian, The first two are smashers
                  Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
                  Flickr

Comment

Harbour Reflections 3 (the huts) is a great example of the genre. The following picture of the harbour is not really one of reflection but is still a great shot.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

Well thank you now, I guess I can't really argue with that (although all the boats in the harbour are reflected in the water )

Comment

Working...
                      X