Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EM1 street and the Police

Originally posted by Anne View Post
    I was down on the Southbank with a friend last week taking night time shots of Westminster Bridge. We were approached by security and told that we could not use a tripod on the pavement outside the old GLC building as it is private property. <snip>
    My Zimmer Frame will have a monopod tie-wrapped to one leg. An comment from "security" will be reported as disability discrimination.
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Anne View Post
      I was down on the Southbank with a friend last week taking night time shots of Westminster Bridge. We were approached by security and told that we could not use a tripod on the pavement outside the old GLC building as it is private property. First I've heard of that but that was the second time on the Southbank I was stopped using a tripod within the hour. I've never had that happen before and I'm always down there doing long exposures. It made no difference that the friend I was with was still a serving police officer....although he just shortened his tripod legs and placed it on the wall overlooking the river I meant to contact Westminster Council and check out whether it is actually private or public there.
      I suspect it's a load of tosh.
      Too many cameras!
      E-500, E-510, EPM1, EPL5, EP3, EP5, OM-D E M10, OM-D E M5, Trip 35mm, Samsung WP10 and Panasonic G6 plus lots of lenses many manual focus.

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/42941818@N07/

Comment

This is an interesting video:
        https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...cx0p6AoqdIGiAA
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
          I enjoyed that, particularly the bit where a security worker said, "We don't like our buildings photographed," as if that was reason enough. Don't they realise that they are waving red rags at bulls?

Interesting that the Terrorism Act was being waved around like some magical empowerment, but that those "quoting" it had absolutely no specific knowledge of the Act.

Encouraging that, having made their enquiries as they are obliged to do in the event of a complaint, the police were entirely reasonable, good humoured and well versed in the law.

The security industry needs to wise up to the fact that this is Great Britain (well it is until Scotland votes on Independence), not North Korea and we do not relinquish our freedoms lightly.
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Excellent video. Thank you for the link
            Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              <snip> a security worker said, "We don't like our buildings photographed," <snip>
              Unfortunately most security people are on minimum wage, have minimal education and are simply following the instructions of the supervisor. What these companies fail to realise is that they are misrepresenting UK Law, for their own purpose.

It is possible that this could be considered a fraudulent act. It is at least a breach of trust between the company and the public. Most PR/CR executives will not take too kindly to the head of security damaging Public and/or Customer Relations.
              Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Working...
              X