Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Looking for self improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for self improvement

I recently acquired a smartphone and having installed the OI-Share app I thought I'd give it a try.

Not sure why but as I used the Remote Control feature the WiFi connection kept on dropping out - even though the phone and camera were only a few feet apart. Could it be because my broadband router was also very close by?

When I'd finished and removed the camera from my tripod, I noticed a persistent fizzing sound which seemed to be coming from the E-M1's IS mechanism. This only stopped after I'd re-oriented and half-clicked the shutter button.

So, here is the anonymous selfie - perhaps I could make it my new avatar?
    Chris

Re: Looking for self improvement

An interesting use for the feature...

Probably best to turn off the camera using the iOshare feature on the smartphone.
    Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

I found the wifi connection very unreliable using an Android smartphone, but the connection is rock solid on my iPad. I think the Android version might be unreliable on some smartphones.
      Paul
      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
      flickr
      Portfolio Site
      Instagram

Comment

I like the anonymous selfie, it looks like the front end of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout!
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

At least you didn't say the back end John
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
            At least you didn't say the back end John
            Would I be so rude?
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
              An interesting use for the feature...

Probably best to turn off the camera using the iOshare feature on the smartphone.
              Graham,
              Is this a comment on the image's subject matter - or advice regarding the over-active IS behaviour?
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                I like the anonymous selfie, it looks like the front end of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout!
                Thanks John, I've never been called that before
                Chris

Comment

Very Rene Magritte :-)
                  I use wifi with andriod phone and tablet regularly and had no dropouts yet, very reliable even in the same room as the router.

Comment

Working...
                  X