Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol Balloon Fiesta

At my wife's suggestion we had two days at the Bristol Balloon Fiesta - thoroughly recommended, and the weather was so kind.

Re: Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Beautiful pictures of a spectacular event. I particularly like the night shot.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Great shots.

An event I've always wanted to attend but never made it.

Thanks for sharing.
      Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
      OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
      Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Nice series of what looks a great event to visit.
        Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Same comment as Peter. I've wanted to go ever since we stumbled across it on our way to the south coast. Just never remember it in time. Maybe next year.
          Lovely shots especially that first one.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Great stuff! I'm sure it's a photographer's paradise with all those colourful balloons illuminated by gas light.
            (That's another thing I want to do, fly in a hot air balloon.)
            Steve

on flickr

Comment

Brilliant pictures. I live 9 miles away from the fiesta site yet have never been. This year (as usual) the wind was in the wrong direction to bring the balloons over my house.
              My stuff on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonskids/

Comment

Great images from a FAB outing
                One day we may make it
                [I].
                I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

I like that first shot. Very nice.
                  Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                  Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                  Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                  Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                  Learn something new every day

Comment

Been a long time since I have been to the various ballon festivals at Bristol, Southampton & Northampton. Really good selection of images, must see when they are on again, I think there is one at Basingstoke which is closer.

Thanks for posting & reminding me to sort out an old photography subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                      Beautiful pictures of a spectacular event. I particularly like the night shot.
                      I agree with John
                      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Especially like the first one!

Comment

I managed to get there in time for the mass 'lift-off' at 6am on Friday morning.

Drove up from our campsite between Bridgewater and Minehead about 4am ... then spent over half an hour looking for human life around Filton (because I did not know where the Fiesta was being held) around 5am. Happy times. Eventually found a postie going to work who put me straight.

Sorry, only took my Sony(yes, swearing again) so not sure if I should post pictures here.

Well worth a visit, even with a ticket price of £10 per car. Lousy for traffic afterwards (about 8:30am). Ended up going down the Weston Super Mare road instead of the M5 south.

David

Comment

Great sight to see all the balloons gathered. I really like no.1
                            Conor.
                            Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

You've made me put this on the list. Thanks great work.

Comment

Working...
                              X