Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

A couple of scarce visitors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of scarce visitors.

Frampton Marsh RSPB Reserve on the Lincolnshire coast nearly always produces some scarce or rare visitor/vagrant owing to it's favoured position at the Northern edge of the Wash. Being a large reserve many of these birds are often at some considerable distance and can only be ID'd with a 'scope, but these two were a bit nearer, although still upwards of 80 metres away.

Glossy Ibis (almost becoming a resident here):

Spoonbill, three have been present on the reserve for a while now:

E-M1 plus Canon EF400mm f5.6L plus 1.4x TC

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Re: A couple of scarce visitors.

It doesn't seem that long ago Egrets were a good find and a Spoonbill exceptional. I seem to remember searching Frodsham Marshes for a Spoonbill a couple of decades ago.
    It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

nice captures David, both are becoming more or less annual visitors down here in Dorset now and I remember seeing a flight of Spoonbills up at Minsmere last Summer, a cracking sight

Comment

Great shots David.

We've had both these species on our reserve this year but I missed the Ibis and only got distant shots of the Spoonbill. Both seem to be becoming regular visitors down here too.

Thanks for sharing.
        Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Nice to see these, we only have two Egrets this year so far.
          Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Working...
          X