Supermoon over Derby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermoon over Derby

Just grabbed this on my way home. Don't think I did it justice really as it did look quite spooky at the time and I forgot to reset the iso hence iso 1000 and the softness .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Re: Supermoon over Derby

A wonderfully evocative image, Phill - an interesting comparison between two different sources of energy generation.
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Mark you know the two different energy sources didn't strike me when I took the shot. All I was bothered about was getting some extra interest into the moon shot . The power station has been a local feature for years, the wind turbines are new. Only appeared about 6 months ago but they are a bit of an embarrassment so far as they haven't worked very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
        Mark you know the two different energy sources didn't strike me when I took the shot. All I was bothered about was getting some extra interest into the moon shot . The power station has been a local feature for years, the wind turbines are new. Only appeared about 6 months ago but they are a bit of an embarrassment so far as they haven't worked very much.
        Perhaps the wind turbines would have been better sited on the banks of the Thames, directly opposite the Palace of Westminster ...
        My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
          Perhaps the wind turbines would have been better sited on the banks of the Thames, directly opposite the Palace of Westminster ...
          Unfortunately hot air rises so would go over the top of them!

Comment

Classic, Ralph!
            My Flickr

Comment

Lol too true Ralph, you beat me to that comment.

Comment

Nice one Phil, very atmospheric.

With Ratcliffe PS in the background and the windturbines (which Ive never seen them running yet) that must have been from the ridge over Swarkeston area ish?

Comment

Thanks Phil. The shot was actually taken from the other side near to the Meynell Langley Gardens.

Comment

Of coarse it was, thats Keggo road tech in the middle distance :-) Geography was never my strongpoint

Comment

Yes you got it. It looks like the only high rise block in Derby.

Comment

Nice shot Phil, despite the high ISO.

As for wind turbines - grrrr. Just got back from Portugal and drove down from Porto to Lisbon on the way home. The area about 50km north of Lisbon has a range of lovely mountains, the ridges of which have been completely ruined by countless turbines. I wouldn't mind if they are really solving our energy/climate predicament, but their output is so low and unpredictable that if it wasn't for government handouts no one would invest in the technology at all.

I remember reading some time ago that it would take a line of wind turbines stretching from the Bristol Channel to The Wash to replace one nuclear power station (and even then, only with a good wind blowing),
                        Paul
                        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                        flickr
                        Portfolio Site
                        Instagram

Comment

Well, it's a far better shot than the one that I didn't take.
                          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                          X