Claim To Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim To Fame

The village where I live, Great Easton, is small and rather lacking in facilities. True, it has a church and a pub, but no shop. If you want to buy a pint of milk it means a trip to Dunmow or Thaxted, both about 3 miles away.

One thing we have got is a prestigious Rolls Royce dealership. In fact, P&A Wood are the only Rolls Royce authorised accident repair agent in the UK. Which makes our little village somewhat unique.

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Claim To Fame

Is that where you have your motor repaired, John?
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

That's a very quaint image John, almost like you have gone back in time.
      Regards Paul.
      One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
        I think that's it parked in the front.
        Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Unique indeed John. Nice to see independent garages still surviving, hate to think of the cost of the repair bills. At least I'll never have to worry about them
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Very swish!

Comment

Without nearby shops, well bread Rolls Royce owners who leave their vehicles overnight for repairs would almost certainly have their tanks milked, wouldn't they John?
              My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
              The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
              On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Very elegant John!

It looks a bit like a 'one pub town' on a small scale! Over here it is more like 10 times the scale & if you blink while driving through the town you'll miss it.

At least you have dog training & also IT training locally (according to google maps).

Ross
                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                  Hehe, I wish!
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

I can imagine the staff are full of old fashioned charm and curtsey and I bet they give you tea and cake served on the finest bone china when you take the Roller in for a service judging by the style of the building.
                    "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

Originally posted by tomphotofx View Post
                      I can imagine the staff are full of old fashioned charm and curtsey and I bet they give you tea and cake served on the finest bone china when you take the Roller in for a service judging by the style of the building.
                      And you can bet your bottom dollar, I mean pound, you well & truly pay for it too!
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
                        That's a very quaint image John, almost like you have gone back in time.
                        The building was purposely designed to fit in with the rural nature of the village. P & A Wood are also a Bentley dealership and they have recently constructed another building with the same type of theme on an adjacent plot which used to be a filling station. I must get around to shooting the new building when the light is in the right direction.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
                          I think that's it parked in the front.
                          I doubt I could afford one of the hubcaps!
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                            Without nearby shops, well bread Rolls Royce owners who leave their vehicles overnight for repairs would almost certainly have their tanks milked, wouldn't they John?
                            On form today, Mark!
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                              Very elegant John!

It looks a bit like a 'one pub town' on a small scale! Over here it is more like 10 times the scale & if you blink while driving through the town you'll miss it.

At least you have dog training & also IT training locally (according to google maps).

We also used to have the finest eggs I've ever tasted, until the fox got amongst the chickens one too many times!
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X