The curious case of the exploding chocolate powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The curious case of the exploding chocolate powder

Now there's a thread title I never expected to post!

Earlier today Debbie was rearranging the contents of the kitchen cupboard to accomodate the shopping she had just bought. She accidentally dropped a tub of chocolate powder......

......it was almost full......

......and the lid wasn't on properly.......

......It isn't full now!

I made her wait while I grabbed my camera, before cleaning up....

Well, I could see the funny side........
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: The curious case of the exploding chocolate powder

Those images are very grainy John.

If I'd taken those shots I'd b in hospital having the camera removed.
    John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Oh dear... Reminds me of my home brewing days.

I had a batch of beer where the crown cork tops had all gone convex (not a good sign).

I wondered if I opened one very carefully, maybe it would be OK.

Well, the cap blew clean out of my hand. All the beer hit the ceiling, then dropped on me and the kitchen.

Fortunately no cameras were involved...
      Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Did you offer to lick it off, John? Or start singing "Swanee River"?

Home made Ginger Beer is very sticky and eternal. We've moved house twice and still find things sticky with it.
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

John - There's a bag of cocoa in my pantry also and another title for such an event would have been **** !
          My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
          The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
          On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

We had a dog sitter who told us the dog had run into the kitchen barking loudly but she could not find anything wrong. Next morning a sticky floor and pull down blind showed the reason for the barking. A bottle of champagne on its side in the wine rack had parted company with its cork and most of its contents, as Stephen said hard to get rid of the sticky residue!
            Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Just hope it was not bitter chocolate................!
              Ian from the Cotswolds
              http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Well at least the colouring is in Debbie's Swatch...it go's great with her hair
                Cliff, my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/cliffscrivens/

Comment

Originally posted by jdal View Post
                  Those images are very grainy John.

If I'd taken those shots I'd b in hospital having the camera removed.
                  Luckily Debbie could see the funny side. Also lucky she remembered being the last person to use it.

Funny you should mention the grain - I boosted clarity, contrast and sharpening more than usual to get the texture of the chocolate powder....and the picture was shot at ISO 10000. What a camera the E-M5 is!
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
                    Oh dear... Reminds me of my home brewing days.

I had a batch of beer where the crown cork tops had all gone convex (not a good sign).

I wondered if I opened one very carefully, maybe it would be OK.

Well, the cap blew clean out of my hand. All the beer hit the ceiling, then dropped on me and the kitchen.

Fortunately no cameras were involved...
                    Reminds me of opening a Watney's Party Seven.........mind you, losing the "beer" was an advantage. Ah, those were the days ....... flares in fashion 1st time round, sweaters were tank tops, cars were Cortinas and even then we were dancing to "Hi Ho Silver Lining" - everywhere we went, in fact.
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                      Did you offer to lick it off, John? Or start singing "Swanee River"?

Home made Ginger Beer is very sticky and eternal. We've moved house twice and still find things sticky with it.
                      There were some crude comments emminating from myself, along the lines of a pity she wasn't naked (but then I wouldn't have been allowed to take a photograph)

Did you move because of the ginger beer?
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                        John - There's a bag of cocoa in my pantry also and another title for such an event would have been **** !
                        I'm sure that **** was the same word Debbie used!
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by Wee man View Post
                          We had a dog sitter who told us the dog had run into the kitchen barking loudly but she could not find anything wrong. Next morning a sticky floor and pull down blind showed the reason for the barking. A bottle of champagne on its side in the wine rack had parted company with its cork and most of its contents, as Stephen said hard to get rid of the sticky residue!
                          Funny how dogs can sense things before we are aware of them.

A waste of champagne, of course, but at least it wasn't whisky.
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by Iansky View Post
                            Just hope it was not bitter chocolate................!
                            I wasn't allowed to find out!
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
                              Well at least the colouring is in Debbie's Swatch...it go's great with her hair
                              I think I might refrain from telling her that!
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X