The Adventures of Soggy Squirrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Adventures of Soggy Squirrel

Its a foul day, wet, cold and raining but a little Squirrel braved the conditions and amused me of about 15 minutes as I was trying to wash up after lunch.

I thought I would share the adventures of this youngster as he tried to find some food (having emptied the Squirrel feeder at the back of the garden), I hope you enjoy it

All shot using the EM-1 with 75-300 set to ISO 1600 through the kitchen window

All wide open, with FL from 100mm to about 150mm and shutter speeds from 1/80th t0 1/200th

Re: The Adventures of Soggy Squirrel

Nice shots of a cute squirrel, Brian. He's going to cost you a fortune in sunflower hearts though.

According to what I have read, those exposure times should be slap bang in the middle of the shutter shock range. No sign of it in those images though.

Ron

Comment

Great series, nearly convinced its the 75 -300 rather than 100 - 300 I should get next. Thanks for posting.
      Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Ron, he is one of last years young and tends to be a peanut and cob nut fiend but was clearly hungry and having a go at anything he could find. One of the mature adults came out for a brief look as well but decided it was too wet and went back to its dray in our neighbours garden

Haven't seen any signs of shutter shock with the EM-1 (but it can be a problem with my EM-5, odd that )

Ed, I think the 75-300 mk2 is a natural choice for the EM series (but not having tried the 100-300 can't make the comparison)

Comment

Lovely shots David. It will cost a fortune to keep him fed :-)
          Conor.
          Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

Grat caracter

Comment

ahhh ! Brian your little grey/brown feeder is real CUTE
              ours have slightly larger ears and long thin tails ... Nick put out some SPECIAL food for them !

Nice images
              [I].
              I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
              Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
              X