Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Aurora Borealis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aurora Borealis

We're in southern Ontario but get a few sightings a year. SWMBO had quite a strong green one in the autumn that I didn't bother getting out of bed to check out.
    It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Originally posted by David M View Post
      We're in southern Ontario but get a few sightings a year. SWMBO had quite a strong green one in the autumn that I didn't bother getting out of bed to check out.
      I guess that's what happens when you get the opportunity to see something on a regular basis!

I remember when I went to New York for work and went out over the weekend with one of my colleagues from the office... he'd never been up the Empire State or out to the Statue of Liberty despite living there for his entire life!
      GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

I saw and photographed my first multi coloured display when I visited Ontario in the summer of '85.

You never do the tourist things when you live somewhere. I ran a photo dept in London for 5 years and the closest I came was going in a back door of the V and A to visit someone in the photo dept.
        It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

Fantastic shots, esp. no3. My sister and hubbie are going to Iceland in February, seeing your shots I wish I'd said I'd go as well........

Comment

Fantastic pictures Tim. Iceland is an amazing country and full of photographic opportunities but it is always disappointing when you don't get to see the lights. I've been twice to Iceland and once to Lapland and not managed to see them with the naked eye. I'm back out there in early March in the hope that it might be 4th time lucky!

Comment

Fantastic images!
              Conor.
              Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

Originally posted by Welshlansdcaper View Post
                Fantastic shots, esp. no3. My sister and hubbie are going to Iceland in February, seeing your shots I wish I'd said I'd go as well........
                Thanks, it's definitely an interesting place to visit!

Originally posted by Anne View Post
                Fantastic pictures Tim. Iceland is an amazing country and full of photographic opportunities but it is always disappointing when you don't get to see the lights. I've been twice to Iceland and once to Lapland and not managed to see them with the naked eye. I'm back out there in early March in the hope that it might be 4th time lucky!
                It is all luck of the draw... I'm sure your time will come, fingers crossed for you!

Originally posted by banjukes View Post
                Fantastic images!
                Thanks Conor!
                GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

Working...
                X