Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Skye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skye

Saturday had been mentioned as a possible date for a meet with some of the folk from the Camera Club and after some hasty last minute arrangements I was whisked off to Skye. We drove through pouring rain and high wind with no definite venue for the first stop so I suggested Talisker Bay to see if the weather and the high tide would provide some drama.
    Breakers and a waterfall flowing uphill was enough drama for me:

As the tide receded the lovely black sand was exposed along with shiny black rocks:

There had been very little rain at Talisker Bay, but as we got back to the car the heavens opened again so we decided to drive the short distance to Glen Brittle and grab some lunch to see if the weather improved; it did so we headed up the path to the Fairy Pools.
    Here are a couple of shots of Sgurr an Fheadain, The Waterpipe Gully and Allt Coir a'Mhadaidh, usually known as the Fairy Pools, Glen Brittle (or Gleann Bhreatail):

I thought that I would just mention for all those who attended the E-System User Group meet on Skye a few years ago, there were no naked women swimming there this time!

By the time we finished at the Fairy Pools it was nearly dark and we had to head off home, but there was a quick stop at Eilean Donan Castle for a quick night time shot:

Thanks for looking
    Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
    Flickr

Re: Skye

Great shots, and that third shot is especially appealing to me (in the absence of bare naked ladies!).
    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

What Stephen said. The fourth shot's not bad either.
      It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

David M's Photoblog

Comment

I lurve them all (as I am not interested in bare nakie ladies)
        Esp. the first & last
        [I].
        I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
        Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

come on team - bare naked ladies and waterfalls flowing uphill????

superb photography though = thanks Iain
          E, Pen and OM-D bodies
          43 m43 and legacy glass
          loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

I really like 2, 3 &4.
            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Looks like a great day out for you fellas

Number three is a beauty Iain, I would be very happy to have taken that

Greg
              My Flickr Home Page

Comment

A superb set Iain, great to see the Fairy Pools at different time of year.
                I'll go with Greg on number three
                Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                Capture One Pro
                My flickr

Comment

Stunning, especially considering the weather conditions, no.3 for me.

David
                  PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Great trip by the look of it. Three, four and five all catch my eye but three especially is a corker.

cheers

Hec
                    I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Nice shots. Thanks.
                      Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                      Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                      Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                      Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                      Learn something new every day

Comment

Love them all and No.3 just jumps off the page for me - great shots, thanks for sharing them and I do agree that the "uphill waterfall" in the first images is stunning (should have got closer though...........LOL).
                        Ian from the Cotswolds
                        http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

A good series but 3 and 4 are by far my favourites, very atmospheric and beautiful images

Comment

Fabulous shots Iain, #3 is a bit special , although I'm biased having spent a rather exciting skye-rain-day in that gully. Being a mountains kind of bloke, I'd have cropped the bottom pool off it, just to the middle of the 1st rock, to give a tad more prominence to Sgurr an Fheadain.

That upwards waterfall is something else, isn't it
                            John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Great shots, Fairy Pools are my faves. Booked in for July on Skye, looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X