On Reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Reflection

Today I returned my MMF-3 adapter that LCE Colchester kindly lent me until my "offers" arrived. The visit to a camera shop cannot go without another purchase. I had prearranged the purchase of he AC3 power adapter and the FT fit 9-18mm lens. Yes FT not mFT, I still have and intend to keep my E5 so I needed it to fit both the EM1 and E5. This was yet again another really pleasant purchasing experience. I've seen and heard some good reports about this lens. On the way home I thought I would try it out on my childhood church, a few miles from home. The sun was starting to set nicely and I wanted to see how the super wide angle would work with architecture and corrected in LR 5.3. These are my first attempts and I think I am going to enjoy this lens.

Inside the church I could not resist the reflection from the stain glass window with the sun at just the right angle.

I think this one seems a bit noisy but I think it may add to the effect as it seems to have given it an art filter type effect.

Thanks for looking.
    John
    John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Re: On Reflection

Very nice results, well spotted. I wonder how the EM1's HDR settings would work with this subject, you'll have to go back on a sunny day at the same time to try it out!

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

A good day for you in all respects.

The 9-18 was my favourite 4/3 lens.

A great set of shots for the first outing with the lens. The interior shots are fantastic. Well spotted and captured.

Regards.
      Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
      OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
      Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
        Very nice results, well spotted. I wonder how the EM1's HDR settings would work with this subject, you'll have to go back on a sunny day at the same time to try it out!

David
        Thanks David. Actually I did go inside to try the HDR function and made a bit of a mess up of it. The first few were taken at 0.5 & 0.1 sec as I had the ISO locked at 200. Still amazed how good they came out hand held and IS Auto. The trouble is now I cannot remember which ones were taken in HDR and there does not seem to be anything in the exif to help me.
        John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

Working...
        X