At the beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the beach

Went to the beach yesterday hoping for a sunset but the cloud filled in again as I arrived did take some shots though so what do you think. also the tide was high so the most interesting rocks were covered.

Some promise as I arrived

Parton sunset 9-12-13 by alf.branch, on Flickr

A glimmer of light

Parton misty sea by alf.branch, on Flickr

And low in mono

Parton misty sea mono by alf.branch, on Flickr

All C&C welcome
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: At the beach

I like no.2 & 3 the best. Looking at no.1, is it possible to lift the shadow of the cliff face as my eyes are drawn to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      I like no.2 & 3 the best. Looking at no.1, is it possible to lift the shadow of the cliff face as my eyes are drawn to that.
      Thanks Darren
      I may be able to lift the shaddows
      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

I like the second image the best. Did you get any images of those lovely rocks on the right side of the third shot, but with them more dominant? They look really interesting.
        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
          I like the second image the best. Did you get any images of those lovely rocks on the right side of the third shot, but with them more dominant? They look really interesting.
          Thanks Dave

The rocks in the third are the rocks on the left in the second shot from a different angle.

Comment

The second image is like something from another planet. Very well done.
            Conor.
            Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

Like the misty quality of the third shot, Alf.
              The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by banjukes View Post
                The second image is like something from another planet. Very well done.
                Thanks Conor
                Its just over the water from you too

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
                Like the misty quality of the third shot, Alf.
                Thanks David

Comment

All superb images (is the horizon a little off in 1?) but the ethereal quality of 3 is the clear winner for me - look good on my wall!

David
                  PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
                    All superb images (is the horizon a little off in 1?) but the ethereal quality of 3 is the clear winner for me - look good on my wall!

David
                    Thanks David
                    The Horizon is off on three too I obviously didnt pay enough attention when processing them in ACR.

Comment

I love #2 Alf, all good as usual, but #2 is particularly nice to my eyes.
                      John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Alf, you keep a good eye out for those rough seas, we don't want you getting washed away. :-)
                        Conor.
                        Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

Originally posted by jdal View Post
                          I love #2 Alf, all good as usual, but #2 is particularly nice to my eyes.
                          Thanks John

Originally posted by banjukes View Post
                          Alf, you keep a good eye out for those rough seas, we don't want you getting washed away. :-)
                          Conor
                          I have been playing around the sea on rocky beaches all my life in some serious seas I keep a close eye on my escape route at all times.

Comment

The top shot is tops, Alf ... wonderful atmosphere, feels like I'm there.
                            My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                            The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                            On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                              The top shot is tops, Alf ... wonderful atmosphere, feels like I'm there.
                              Thanks Mark
                              Thats a bit cooler than you are used to though.

Comment

Working...
                              X