Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

7-14 and E-M1 does the British Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-14 and E-M1 does the British Museum

Wanted to try the ZD7-14 in anger on the E-M1 so I thought the British museum would be ideal as I was meeting a friend at Holborn last night.

Focus about the same as on the E5, not quick but you wouldn't need this lens to be.
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Re: 7-14 and E-M1 does the British Museum

They look good Andy. How was the handling as I have the same combo? Did you use the grip?
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Really nice set of photos Andy and they look very clean for what must be high ISO?
      Ian from the Cotswolds
      http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
        How was the handling as I have the same combo? Did you use the grip?
        Yes these were with the grip, I like a grip on a camera as I don't like the feel of reaching over the top when in portrait.
        The combination feels fine to me, not a lot bigger than the E-M1 and 12-60.

Ps am I lucky as I've not had any lock-ups in the six odd weeks I've had the camera. My E-M5 has done it a couple of times in 18 months.
        All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Great shots Andy, I really like the viewpoint in No. 1
          Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
          Flickr

Comment

Great shots Andy especially the first two showing great use of symmetry. Were these hand held because the shutter speed is really low and its interesting that the people in the first do not appear blurred. Thanks for sharing.
            John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

great examples

I popped in a few weeks ago with the 12-50 and was reminded how much I had come to appreciate the 7-14 in such environments (when I had originally believed it was a 'landscape lens')
              E, Pen and OM-D bodies
              43 m43 and legacy glass
              loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Great shots and all taken from good vantage points.
                Conor.
                Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

That first shot is a cracker.
                  The others are nice too though. I wish I had a 7-14.
                  OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

A nice collection. Excellent.
                    https://amandat.smugmug.com

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajthrelfall/

Comment

Nice clean images all with interesting points of view and composition. I don't use my 7-14 very often and haven't used it on the EM1 except for testing but it feels easy enough to handle, especially with the grip in place.

David
                      PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

A cracking set Andy, the 1st is very striking, catches a mood of what I think is a fine piece of architecture.
                        John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Good use of the wide angle zoom at both ends of its range. I am now tempted to look at 7mm options myself - wonder what the new "pro" wide angle will be.
                          Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                          Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                          Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                          Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                          Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by birdboy View Post
                            Were these hand held because the shutter speed is really low and its interesting that the people in the first do not appear blurred. Thanks for sharing.
                            Yes these were handheld, I'm not a great tripod user especially as I was going for a beer and a curry afterwards
                            If you see the full size image there is some motion blur on the people, it's on my Flickr if you want to see.

Thanks all for your comments.
                            All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by andym View Post
                              Yes these were handheld, I'm not a great tripod user especially as I was going for a beer and a curry afterwards
                              I'm wasn't either but I'm increasing finding myself grabbing one - the total carry weight is still a lot less than last year!

Reasons include the in camera HDR (I know it can be done hand held), the overlay and time lapse options and an increasing belief that I can pre do my post processing with this camera (and more easily using a tripod and LV!) for some types of shot. There a lot of irony in here given the small light system with a great IS!
                              E, Pen and OM-D bodies
                              43 m43 and legacy glass
                              loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

Working...
                              X