Wow, they almost look real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, they almost look real

These Starlings were perched on the ornate decoration on top of the towers of the Victorian Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston this lunchtime. I thought they fitted in with the wrought ironwork rather well.

Ron

Re: Wow, they almost look real

So this isn't a thread about Katie Price, then?

Never mind, the starling is an altogether more attractive bird and these blend superbly with the ironwork. Good spot!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

One short of a set but nice.
      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post
        One short of a set but nice.
        Yes, I once took a shot of a landing stage at Derwent Water with every post but one featuring a resting gull. I named it, "Where's George?"
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Nice : wrought-iron starlings.

Comment

Well spotted.
            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
            Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Olybirder View Post
              I thought they fitted in with the wrought ironwork rather well.
              I agree - well spotted.
              I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                So this isn't a thread about Katie Price, then?

Never mind, the starling is an altogether more attractive bird and these blend superbly with the ironwork. Good spot!
                I think you are more likely to get yours hands on starlings John
                John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                  Yes, I once took a shot of a landing stage at Derwent Water with every post but one featuring a resting gull. I named it, "Where's George?"
                  Well spotted shot birdboy and nice to see a good sense of humour Zuiko
                  Conor.
                  Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

Nice shot Ron and I would agree they fit in very well with the wrought iron

I am looking forward to getting some more shots of the huge murmuration we experience at Gretna over the winter
                    My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Originally posted by birdboy View Post
                      I think you are more likely to get yours hands on starlings John
                      Hehe, I know I shouldn't be fussy at my age, but in this case I think I would prefer the starlings!
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X