US images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US images

I must admit that I haven't processed many of my images taken in California, Nevada and Arizona when we were there in May. However, my club needed some images for a big external competition so I dug out the attached. It is the Walt Disney Concert Hall in LA. E3 and 7-14 ZD. Cropped and processed in Silver Efex Pro. Plus a bit of dodging and burning in CS5.

Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Re: US images

Dave, if they are all like this let's have some more - far too good to leave buried on a hard drive!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Thats a corker. I was going to say it's like something out of a fantasy comic, but I guess that's what it is!
      John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Nice image but IMO needs more contrast.

Its a strange building to photograph and its in a strange area.
        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Something very powerfull about that image, looks great.
          Conor.
          Ever wondered what happens the dark when the light is switched on?

Comment

Oh yes - that would be great on any wall

A corker

Lets see some more please
            My Flickr Home Page

Comment

A great image and, surprise, surprise, not a scateboarder in sight.
              It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Thanks for your positive comments including Alf's. I tried earlier to boost the contrast but it just blew the highlights which I had dodged to retain detail in the original edit. Anyway, it is one of my club's four submissions for an upcoming WPF endorsed competition. Funnily enough one of the other images was taken with an OMD EM5. We can't often say that 50% of our entries were taken on an Oly!
                The concert hall is an amazing place. I took loads in the few minutes that the bus was able to stop. All taken at the wrong time of day when the sun was high in the sky and flare was a real problem with the 7-14. Cloning did the trick! It doesn't look half as good in colour - I just love Silver Efex Pro!
                Yes I have loads of images from our trip, which I will have to get around to processing some time.
                Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Just picked up on this post.

Really like this. Great graphical qualities and beautiful smooth tones throughout the range as defined in Mr Adams system.

Hec
                  I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Thanks Hec. Yes, I like the smoothness and evenness of the tones. What I didn't want is too much conttast due to the sun burning out the highly reflective bits of the building.
                    Dave

Comment

Love the lines in this image lots of potential here for further development.

Tom
                      "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

Working...
                      X