Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wings

You know I think the common Seagull is hard to beat for beauty and grace, I love their soft colours and the way they fly like a Concorde.

E-3 + SWD 50-200mm @ 1/1250 @ f/13 @ EV -0.7 @ iso640 @ 200mm
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Re: Wings

Nice capture.

Not surprisingly a different flavour of gull to that found around our parts.

Hec
    I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

Thanks Hec ... actually when its wings are raised in the upward beat you can see the RAAF Rondel with flying kangaroo on the underside ... trust me
      My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
        Thanks Hec ... actually when its wings are raised in the upward beat you can see the RAAF Rondel with flying kangaroo on the underside ... trust me
        I guess when you've downed a few Castlemaine XXXX Gold, you can see almost anything you choose to see, Mark!

Lovely shot, by the way - great colour and detail.

Regards,
        Ann1e

Comment

It's a lovely, well caught image Mark.

Originally posted by Ann1e View Post
          I guess when you've downed a few Castlemaine XXXX Gold, you can see almost anything you choose to see, Mark!

Lovely shot, by the way - great colour and detail.

Regards,
          Ann1e
          A totally appropriate answer there Annie.

Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ann1e View Post
            Lovely shot, by the way - great colour and detail. Regards, Ann1e
            Never touch the stuff, I swear... and you can put that breathalyzer of yours away, Annie - I'm plerfectly slober !

And thanks
            Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
            It's a lovely, well caught image Mark.
            A totally appropriate answer there Annie.
            After their tame warm mulled stuff she obviously knows all about our beer, Ross ...
            My Flickr

Comment

Nice crisp shot, Mark. The more unusual angle of capture works well.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

Ah, the E3 at work again.
                I cannot share your admiration of these birds - one once took a whole meat pie out of my hand and it has coloured my view of them forever. Even your shot depicts that sneaky look!

Comment

Originally posted by Floribunda View Post
                  I cannot share your admiration of these birds - one once took a whole meat pie out of my hand and it has coloured my view of them forever. Even your shot depicts that sneaky look!
                  So now you're scarred for life? You should've hung on to your pie better.

Sorry, I shouldn't jest as I would probably hold a similar grudge too.

Ross
                  Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Must have been flying for some while overnight - just look at the red-eye!

At least it wasn't a proper pie. Not a Yorkshire Pork Pie. Then I would be peeved!
                    Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                      Nice crisp shot, Mark. The more unusual angle of capture works well.
                      Thanks OM
                      Plucked from the hand of a baker's daughter ... what a hoot, what poetry!

So now you're scarred for life? You should've hung on to your pie better.
                      Sorry, I shouldn't jest as I would probably hold a similar grudge too.
                      Once on a cold rainy morning at Cradle Mountain as Sandra and I were preparing to set out on a 5 day walk to Lake StClair, a great big Currawong swooped and snatched an inch thick steak from my sandwich leaving me clutching a couple of slices of juice stained bread!

All the most vulgar expletives to make a crow blush were uttered in that moment of outrage! ! !

Olympus C990Z, D490Z 1/500 @ f/3.3 - Archive 1998:02:09 06:49:00
                      My Flickr

Comment

Thanks OM

Plucked from the hand of a baker's daughter ... what a hoot, what poetry!

Once on a cold rainy morning at Cradle Mountain as Sandra and I were preparing to set out on a 5 day walk to Lake StClair, a great big Currawong swooped and snatched an inch thick steak from my sandwich leaving me clutching a couple of slices of juice stained bread!

All the most vulgar expletives to make a crow blush were uttered in that moment of outrage! ! !

Olympus C990Z, D490Z 1/500 @ f/3.3 - Archive 1998:02:09 06:49:00
                        Oh damn! Yes, I can feel your pain.

Nice Currawong photo though.
                        Ross

Comment

Two nice shots, I bet the bird enjoyed your steak

Tom
                          "Who is watching the Watchers, watching the Watchers watching us"

Its not what you see, it's the way that you see it"

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofxstudios

Comment

Oh damn! Yes, I can feel your pain.
                            Nice Currawong photo though.
                            Yes Ross, there was much at steak
                            Originally posted by tomphotofx View Post
                            Two nice shots, I bet the bird enjoyed your steak Tom
                            Can Currawongs and their ilk feel guilt?
                            My Flickr

Comment

Yes Ross, there was much at steak
                              Oh please stop.
                              Ross

Comment

Working...
                              X