I have been to the beach again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been to the beach again

I went to the beach last night again as the light was good and it will be the last until I go on holiday I suspect.

Let me know what you think of this lot.

parton beach 18-08-13 by alf.branch, on Flickr

parton beach 18-08-13 2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

I went fop a couple of longer exposures than I usually do while the light was still good.

parton beach 18-08-13 4 by alf.branch, on Flickr

parton beach 18-08-13 3 by alf.branch, on Flickr

As always C&C welcome.
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: I have been to the beach again

I love the powerful first two shots Alf.

By you alone I am sure that Parton Beach must be one of the world's most photographed!
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

The ones with stronger foreground interest are preferable - 3 & 4. Although I usually like milky water , 4 has more detail and seems a better balance. Not overlly fussed on 1 and 2 as I don't believe that waves offer the same fg interest as solid objects such as rocks.
      Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

I like No 1 but no 4 is my favourite.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Alf, TERRIFIC images Can you crop the wave bursting in 1 with the sunset thro' ?

I feel a MACRO with the Sigma 150 just there would be tres' magnifique
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
            I love the powerful first two shots Alf.

By you alone I am sure that Parton Beach must be one of the world's most photographed!
            Thanks Mark. I didnt expect much from you about the other 2.
            Parton beach is well photographed by other too.

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
            The ones with stronger foreground interest are preferable - 3 & 4. Although I usually like milky water , 4 has more detail and seems a better balance. Not overlly fussed on 1 and 2 as I don't believe that waves offer the same fg interest as solid objects such as rocks.
            Thanks Ben interesting point of view.

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
            I like No 1 but no 4 is my favourite.
            Thanks Phil

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
            Alf, TERRIFIC images Can you crop the wave bursting in 1 with the sunset thro' ?

I feel a MACRO with the Sigma 150 just there would be tres' magnifique
            Chevvy I am not sure what you mean but if you can show me I would be happy.
            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

Chevvy did you mean this kind of thing?

Parton splash by alf.branch, on Flickr

Comment

Alf, YES ... but faster shutter for the "splashes" with sunset throu them ...

If you take No.1 and crop right of the sun and down to the flat rock and left of THE SPLASH and then up and across above the Sun with some sky
                [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Really Alf, you get far too many sunsets up there, you need to share them with the rest of us!

I'm torn between the last 2, I like the waves on no 3 but the colours on no 4...
                  GX7, EP3, 9-18, 14-45, 45-150, 20 1.7, 25 1.4, 45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

Alf, #1 strikes a note with me, great shot, horizon (nearly) at midpoint, high shutter speed to give the waves some definition. I'm not one for acres of wide angle foreground and like the compression of a longer lens (no EXIF data so can't see what values you chose).

I'm with Chevvy on the sunset through wave idea and liked that second posting. Its even better if you crop it a bit.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

Hello Alf,
                      No1 and 3 for me firstly for the colours and swirling water and secondly for the ethereal quality from the long exposure.
                      Regards Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                        Alf, YES ... but faster shutter for the "splashes" with sunset throu them ...

If you take No.1 and crop right of the sun and down to the flat rock and left of THE SPLASH and then up and across above the Sun with some sky
                        Well I was thinking about the shots in post 1 when I took this and was not set for it as f16 and 1/80 sec was a bit silly and in manual focus and not focousing

Originally posted by timg View Post
                        Really Alf, you get far too many sunsets up there, you need to share them with the rest of us!

I'm torn between the last 2, I like the waves on no 3 but the colours on no 4...
                        Tim you have to have rather iffy weather to this sort of think lots of big patchy cloud.

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                        Alf, #1 strikes a note with me, great shot, horizon (nearly) at midpoint, high shutter speed to give the waves some definition. I'm not one for acres of wide angle foreground and like the compression of a longer lens (no EXIF data so can't see what values you chose).

I'm with Chevvy on the sunset through wave idea and liked that second posting. Its even better if you crop it a bit.
                        Thanks mate and I do rather agree about the sunset through the wave.
                        There is a lot more Exif available than in the gallery if you look for it but you need to click on the image that will open Flickr and if you do then at the bottom right of the picture will be three dots click on them and select view exif info. You can even see the serial No of my lens.

Originally posted by Bluegrass Jim View Post
                        Hello Alf,
                        No1 and 3 for me firstly for the colours and swirling water and secondly for the ethereal quality from the long exposure.
                        Regards Jim.
                        Thanks Jim

Comment

A can't believe the dog has forced you to go to the beach once again I'm really enjoying seeing these beach shots each Time so keep them coming please.Love em all but no3 I like even more. Fandabbydozzy.

Comment

Great set of images Alf (as usual), No. 4 for me
                            Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
                            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by scott76 View Post
                              A can't believe the dog has forced you to go to the beach once again I'm really enjoying seeing these beach shots each Time so keep them coming please.Love em all but no3 I like even more. Fandabbydozzy.
                              Scott my dog made ME GO TO THE BEACH Sunday and he even MADE ME SWIM with him

I was just glancing through Outdoor Photographer 2010 and 2011 and These images should be entered ... well No. 1
                              [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
                              X