Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Rannerdale bluebells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rannerdale bluebells

I took these last week.
    I hope you like them

Rannerdale blubells 1 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Rannerdale blubells 2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Rannerdale blubells 3 by alf.branch, on Flickr

All C&C welcome
    OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Re: Rannerdale bluebells

Absolutely beautiful Alf

Lovely stuff
    My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Nice - and a welcome relief from the images of the wretched Spanish bluebells that have been recently posted!

As bluebells are an ancient woodland indicator, the hillside would have been covered in trees in the past.

Jim

Comment

Alf, VERY NICE all three ! Super light and great compo
        [I].
        I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
        Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

I do like #2. You have caught the angle of the sun exceptionally well.
          Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
          Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
          Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
          Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
          Learn something new every day

Comment

Thanks everyone for the comments
            OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

Comment

Here are a couple shots straight out of the XZ-1

Rannerdale Bluebells by alf.branch, on Flickr

Rannerdale bluebells by alf.branch, on Flickr

Comment

First 3 are sublime, Alf.
                The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Thanks imageryone

Comment

All Sensational Alf, I am left speechless with admiration !
                    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                      All Sensational Alf, I am left speechless with admiration !
                      Thanks Mark

Comment

Lovely shots Alf. I've tried to get bluebell shots over the past couple of years but they just come our rubbish. The scene looks lovely but the images just never do it justice. Your shots are going to make me persevere.
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

No2 is a real belter. I wonder if I could still climb Rannerdale Knotts; that wouldn't be asking too much, would it?
                          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                            Lovely shots Alf. I've tried to get bluebell shots over the past couple of years but they just come our rubbish. The scene looks lovely but the images just never do it justice. Your shots are going to make me persevere.
                            Phil Its a matter of timing luck lighting and compositions thats all after you find a suitable location and maybe some planning. It something I wanted for years a shot of bluebells I was happy with.

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                            No2 is a real belter. I wonder if I could still climb Rannerdale Knotts; that wouldn't be asking too much, would it?
                            Thanks John
                            If you wanted to try Rannerdale Knots give me a shout and I'll come too.

Comment

Originally posted by alfbranch View Post

Thanks John
                              If you wanted to try Rannerdale Knots give me a shout and I'll come too.
                              I'll do that, Alf, if I ever get up to the Lakes again.
                              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                              X