Warrior Cake - Tables - Leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Cake - Tables - Leaving

So, this is a view of the Tables ... albeit each is hidden by a massive Cannon

1. and Just LOOK at the "artifacts ?" EVERYWHERE

2. Tables were beautifully decorated with Wild Flowers and fragrant herbs - Lots of Battery small lights were allover the place as so few on Warrior and no extra sockets or trailing cables allowed and DEF. NO Nakie Lights/Candles - but you would not have known it

3. Quite beautiful tables and an UNBELIEVEABLE ATMOSPHERE, what a venue

4. The Brides Mother had worked with Florists and Caterers to turn an old Battleship into a most romantic Restaurant

5. The Cake was to be cut with Grandfathers Ceremonial Dress Sword - the Brides "Best Mate" had carried the sword, in scabbard onboard ship (she was a great character and I have enough photos of FUN to fill a few threads ... but I will not )

6. ZORRO THIS is the Grooms Fav - a crop of previous frame ( which I had not included on the disk as I did not think the B & G would like this - How wrong could I have been

7. A few Guests

The following is two frames - I had one image of him smiling and another image of her smiling and, in each the other was serious So big edit and merger of two smiling faces

8. The 1st dance ... Nick captured this (well this is the last of 6 frames I have presented in two Tryptechs and my FAV - B & G were stunned Nick had captured this ! (and the other 5 frames, of strategic steps in the dance)

9. Leaving - ahhh the Spinnaker Tower in the background, the reflections on the water ... Nick Captured this too ... ahh ! ITS FAKE but Cute

They were standing at the bottom of the Gangway, behind them were feintly/part lit hundreds of guests walking down 4 abrest ... to the
    left of the Bride Iron Safety railings and between the Grooms legs and to his right, more Steel safety railings
    Cheers to Post Processing software and "stock shots" taken earlier (by myself on from the main deck) that evening (while everyone was drinking ...)

I have to say, I would NOT want to do this again, for any money ... but I did enjoy it
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Re: Warrior Cake - Tables - Leaving

I can imagine that shoot was quite stressful - hardly a standard wedding! But you pulled it off with distinction - well done!
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

That is one helluva wedding Chevvy! ! ! and by the looks of it you did good I am impressed with the clever and imaginative decor, just thought how that "do" might have gone off with an even louder bang had some larrikin put a taper to the cannons and let off a broadside ... maybe the barrage would have taken out Westminster and solved a whole bunch of the country's problems, eh !
      My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
      The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
      On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Memories to last the happy couple a lifetime
        The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

I love the wild flowers and the informal "feel" to the wedding Chevvy, and some pretty stylish guests in this set too. Love the shot of the cannons and the tables. You did well girl!

Comment

Fantastic. Lovely place and well done for capturing the moment.
            Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
            Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
            Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
            Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
            Learn something new every day

Comment

John, Mark, David and Lyn and OMuser Thanks so very much for stopping by and your great comments

Worst thing is, I now know where I could "do better and how" although, thanks to PP software I have been able to recover some ground in raw

The Bride and Groom did not want a "Wedding Reception" but a Party for family & friends - and I have to say THAT was the Event they got All tables had a mix of people and each table was a buzz with deep conversation and giggles everyone was just having fun.

The Band were AWESOME Harry Hammersmith & the Flyovers the girl - a lead singer was wearing the MOST AWESOME COAT - Lyn for you really It introduced me to the Designer/label "Desiguel"

and the back MAJESTIC !

I want one, well if I were 30 years younger I would have that one ! ... per chance to dream but I have subsequently enjoyed the "Collection" online
              [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Oh WOW Chevvy! This is fantastic! These are my colours! And roses too!
                I want one! . She looks fantastic.
                Do you think we would get a good price if we ordered two?

I will check out the label online too.

Comment

[I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
                  X