Stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped

A bold Robin and a very bashful looking Blue Tit perched on a tree stump in the woods at Strumpshaw Fen.

E-30, 50-200 SWD, EC-14.

Ron

Re: Stumped

Super captures - our birds seem to have deserted our garden this year; only the pigeons and an occasional great tit seem interested in our feeder.

Ian
    Founder and editor of:
    Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
    Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
    Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
    Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
    NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
    sigpic

Comment

A lovely pair of - err - birds. (OK, I know only one's a Tit, but I had to put some innuendo in!)
      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

They are super shots Ron.
        I never tire of seeing your Robins with their frail-looking little legs and plump little bodies, and the back view of the tit showing the plumage is fab.
        I enjoyed seeing these two little characters.

Comment

Nice shots, Ron.

A stump at Strumpshaw Fen, bit of a tongue-twister, that. Try repeating it quickly.

Ian, we are still getting loads of greenfinches, chaffinches, goldfinches, pied wagtails and great tits on the feeders, with robins, blackbirds, doves, pigeons and the occasional cock pheasant elsewhere in the garden. We don't see many sparrows nowadays.
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Don't know how I missed these, but glad to find them, they are delightful. Can you give me a Postcode for the fen, please, looks a nice place for one of our Photo Adventures
            The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Two very nice shots great detail especially that cute little Robin. Regards John.
              Olympus E3] [E300] OMD-M5 12.50mm] ZD [40.150] ZD [14.45] ZD 50.200] ZD [14.54] ZD [35macro] ZD [11.22] ZD [1.4x EC- 14] ZD [EX-25] [RM. CB 1] [FL-36] [FL-50]
              Manfrotto Tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
                Don't know how I missed these, but glad to find them, they are delightful. Can you give me a Postcode for the fen, please, looks a nice place for one of our Photo Adventures
                Many thanks for the kind comments. Here is the RSPB page for Strumpshaw Fen. The postcode is under the 'where is it' section.

Ron

Comment

Well within our sphere of operations, I am glad to say, will try to get down later in the year. We are both have slight mobility problems, is there seating dotted about?
                  The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by Imageryone View Post
                    Well within our sphere of operations, I am glad to say, will try to get down later in the year. We are both have slight mobility problems, is there seating dotted about?
                    Yes, there are benches located throughout the reserve. Actually the Reception hide is a good place to view from and many people venture no further than there. Word has got around now and Strumpshaw is much more popular now than it used to be, so it does get quite busy at the weekend. If you can visit on a week day it should be better.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                    X