Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Red Kite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Kite

Sharing one taken the other weekend with the EM-5, yet another windy and cold day.

The picture is taken handheld from the car with the Skywatcher 600mm + EC14.

ISO1600 allowed me to shoot at 1/400s, about the longest time I would use for this focal length in windy conditions. This is the best frame out of the series.

Thanks for looking
    Tord

My Gallery on 500px

Re: Red Kite

Thats a lovely shot, great detail. There is a pair local in Suffolk, but not managed to get anywhere near yet.
    The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

That is lovely Tord. You get some great results from the scope with the EM-5. My digiscoping results were not too impressive.

Apparently there have been quite a few Red Kites drifting over us on the east coast as they migrate in recent days but I haven't managed to connect with one yet.

Ron

Comment

I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

Superb capture Tord.
          We're lucky that we have many Red Kites in our area mind you it's pretty rare to see them perched such as this one.
          Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
          Capture One Pro
          My flickr

Comment

Hi,
            We have numerous Red Kites, the major concentration is ~50 km from my place. I relatively often seen them perched but a prerequisite is a suitable habitat: hilly countryside with patches of wood with full-grown trees, oak and beech seem to be preferred. You find them on branches providing a clear view of the open ground. I guess it takes a trained eye to spot them.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Working...
            X