Oh Deer, Oh Deer! (lots of images)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Deer, Oh Deer! (lots of images)

Firstly a big thank you to Jon (Seonnaidh) and Linda for allowing me to impose on their trip to Loch Quoich and Kinloch Hourn (as discussed here). It was great to meet up again after quite a while and as discussed "We must do it again".

Jon was keen to see some deer, I don't think he was disappointed... here is his arrival at the place described by Duncan (Wanderer) - thanks Duncan:

I can't believe I didn't move to get the signpost out of shot - Doh!

I arrived far too early and took a drive down the Glen, here are some of the more successful of my deer shots:

They weren't shy first thing in the morning!

Antlers are really handy if you have an itchy rump!

Ha-ha, guess what lads? This chap is using an Olympus

Is this my best side?

These two were having a fall out:

One with some Highland scenery:

I also took Duncan's advise and went up to 'the seat' at Kinloch Hourn - a stunning vista, but I left my filters in the car and need to do some work on the images I will post scenic stuff separately.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by IainMacD; 13th January 2013, 12:09 PM. Reason: Added Link
    Iain

E-M1, E-M1 II, E-M5 II, 7.5, 8-18, 12-40, 25, 40-150, 45, 60, 300

Website
    Flickr

Re: Oh Deer, Oh Deer! (lots of images)

Some lovely shots even with the post. Really like No. 2 and your last shot.
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Wow, fantastic shots Iain.
      No 4 is hillarious and the last is real "Monarch of the Glen" material.

Thanks for sharing.
      Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
      OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
      Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

The last one, in particular, is superb.
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

So many TERRIFIC shots I think "is this my BEST side" and the last are my FAVs

Looking forward to seeing more ...
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

As promised, some of the scenery from yesterday's outing

Firstly a view of Gairich across Loch Quoich with the mist caused by the overnight temperature inversion being blown by the strengthening easterly wind:

The view from "The Seat" as recommended by Duncan (Wanderer); Loch Hourn with Beinn Sgritheall in the distance:

And one taken on the way back looking across the River Garry towards Gairich:
            Iain

Website
            Flickr

Comment

Are those deer trained to pose nicely for the camera?

Love the landscape shots too.
              Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
              OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
              cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Comment

I've tried to reply twice already, I keep getting distracted and closing the browser down before I've hit "Submit Reply"

A great series. That last Deer shot is absolutely perfect for me, and a close second is the Loch Hourn shot. I think I've worked out where you took it from using Anquet Maps 3D feature, so thanks for the 10 minute challenge!
                John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Excellent stuff. The lone stag with the mountain in the background is a cracking shot.
                  Well Done,
                  Sailor

Comment

Last one for me also, classic pose.
                    The picture tells the story, great when you have a bad memory.DW.

Comment

Originally posted by jdal View Post
                      I've tried to reply twice already, I keep getting distracted and closing the browser down before I've hit "Submit Reply"

A great series. That last Deer shot is absolutely perfect for me, and a close second is the Loch Hourn shot. I think I've worked out where you took it from using Anquet Maps 3D feature, so thanks for the 10 minute challenge!
                      Thanks John, the last stag shot is proving popular; at first I thought the sky spoilt it, but it is growing on me.
                      According to Memory Map the OS co-ordinates of where the Loch Hourn shot was taken are NG 93873 07424 at an elevation of 259ft; a place I will return to. I am very pleased with how the shot turned out having only dabbled unsuccessfully previously with HDR in Photoshop.
                      Iain

Website
                      Flickr

Comment

Magic stuff Iain
                        My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Very fine sets. Some crackers there. I'm glad both of you had fun.
                          Its a super road throughout its length. It does get busy in May (usually Whitsun) when several hundred hill Gangrels walk in to Barrisdale.
                          The path on the South side is good (about 6 miles each way) and there are some interesting views and things to photograph, not least some stands of the western version of Scots Pine. More layered then round.
                          Talking of which your photo from the seat is not of Beinn Sgritheall, its Ladhar Bheinn. Bigger, grander with the Corrie Dhorrcaill overlooking Loch Hourn (Devil's Corrie overlooking the Loch of Hell). I may be there later this week as I'm in An Gearasdan for a few days.
                          Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderer View Post
                            ... your photo from the seat is not of Beinn Sgritheall, its Ladhar Bheinn. Bigger, grander with the Corrie Dhorrcaill overlooking Loch Hourn (Devil's Corrie overlooking the Loch of Hell)...
                            Oh yes, a stupid mistake to make, Beinn Sgritheall is round the corner to the right with the sea to it's south not the north! I even had the map open to get the co-ordinates of the viewpoint.
                            What a Muppet

Thanks for pointing it out Duncan
                            Iain

Website
                            Flickr

Comment

Not at all. Its just my doctorate in pedantry.
                              Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

Working...
                              X