Both Side of the Sea Wall - image heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Side of the Sea Wall - image heavy

I've been a bit quiet on the forum of late so to make up for that here's a noisy reminder of grumpy activity.

Some images taken around a section of the sea wall on Mersea island early one Sunday morning a week ago.

The first two are some of the reeds in some water behind the sea wall

A view over the reeds onto a field which is just behind the sea wall and probably lower than sea level

A set of images from Mersea would not be complete without some boats. All the same boat and one even in colour (shock horror)

cheers

Hec
    I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Re: Both Side of the Sea Wall - image heavy

Hec, terrific set of images ... although I have to say I am a tad concerned that your drumming up EVEN more to attend the 2013 Spring Mersea Island Meet by presenting these magnificant shots - so I cannot offer to "buy a round" as I have little pocket money these days (iykwim )

However, here "cold in Winchester" is now Green and Cold in Winchester - this light is Simply the Best ... don capture it all, leave some for us mere mortals ...
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Fantastic set, Hec. 2 and 4 are my favourites.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Yep no's 4&5 float my boat.

"Always shoot in RAW and avoid JPEGs"

William Shakespeare.

Comment

Nice B&W's, I'd go for 4 & 5 also, but leaning towards 4 - partly because the brown mud looks like - er - well mud, but of the muddy field variety, not the lovely estuary mudflat variety.
          John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Wonderful. Like all of them, but especially the first two.
            Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
            OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
            cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
              Hec, terrific set of images ... although I have to say I am a tad concerned that your drumming up EVEN more to attend the 2013 Spring Mersea Island Meet by presenting these magnificant shots - so I cannot offer to "buy a round" as I have little pocket money these days (iykwim )

However, here "cold in Winchester" is now Green and Cold in Winchester - this light is Simply the Best ... don capture it all, leave some for us mere mortals ...
              Don't worry - there's loads of wide open spaces and lashings of light

Each end of the day is superb at the moment but sadly work gets in the way

Glad to hear you are buying a round

Hec
              I've worked hard to be this grumpy. It hasn't been easy at times but it's worth it.

Comment

THanks for the commenst and apologies for a) seemingly being obsessed with images of our coastline and b) more B & W.

The coast line is largely because time is so short and I can get to great locations in 5 - 10 minutes and it is thus very accesable. With the great winter light it's no hardship of course

B & W - I just seem to think mono more and more. Probably just a passing phase.

Hec

Comment

I love the beached boat shots (4 and 5). Fantastic use of B/W!
                  E510, E5, EM-5, many ZD and m.zuiko lenses and Bigma

My FLICKR

Comment

Working...
                  X