Trying to Stay Dry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Stay Dry!

This fly was sheltering on the underside of a Banksia Serrata leaf on a showery day (welcomed after a heatwave). So, when you see a fly hiding like this, it's time to get the camera out!

Taken with E-M5 & 60mm Macro lens with FL36R flash (diffused). And just because I love this lens, here is a crop of the above to show well it captures the detail with the E-M5.

Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Re: Trying to Stay Dry!

You can stop posting these macro shots now Ross. I can't possibly want this fantastic lens any more than I do already, and until the holidays are over there is no way I'm going to be able to get it, so stop torturing me (us?) and just enjoy...
    James

OM-D E-M5 and lots of other things to to bash into it in the bag (usually a Billingham Hadley Pro)

Comment

Excellent! I so want this lens but I need a pro replacement for the E-M5 first.

David
      PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Stunning detail. I might just have to buy myself a Christmas present...
        Roger

E-M5, 20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8
        OM-1N, OM-10, OM-4ti, 24mm/2.8, 50mm/1.8, 85mm/2, Tamron 70-210mm/3.5
        cariadus.com | flickr | tumblr

Comment

Great example of the capability of this lens.
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
            Fantastic detail in the crop Ross ! Looks like it may be suffering from a skin problem as well as trying to stay dry.

John
            Thanks John. Maybe he's been hanging out with the wrong crowd, keeping bad company & caught a rash or he's just plain old & crusty.

Originally posted by Jetset95 View Post
            You can stop posting these macro shots now Ross. I can't possibly want this fantastic lens any more than I do already, and until the holidays are over there is no way I'm going to be able to get it, so stop torturing me (us?) and just enjoy...
            But I have lots more to show!

Ross
            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
              Excellent! I so want this lens but I need a pro replacement for the E-M5 first.

David
              The lens is here now, the body you will have to wait longer for.

Originally posted by cariadus View Post
              Stunning detail. I might just have to buy myself a Christmas present...
              Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              Great example of the capability of this lens.
              Thanks guys. Yes, I'm certainly pleased to have been to able to get this lens. It's also not a bad focal length for getting photos of the birds on our balcony too, but you can only take so many of the bird feeding photos. It's also more usable with its focal length than I thought after using the Sigma 150mm lens, plus it's light weight & small(ish) size is a great bonus.

Ross

Comment

Thats a great shot the detail is amazing.
                OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

No wonder flies can see me coming with my swat Ross!
                  I want that lens too. You have done a great job.

Comment

Working...
                  X