Common Redpolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Redpolls

I followed a little group of redpolls on the lough shore last Sunday morning, we had lovely low winter sunlight and the blue of the lough water is in the background. I could've got closer, but these little birds look better in my opinion with a wee bit of environment in the shot :

Common Redpoll by Danny Gibson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Danny
    Olympus E-5 / E-620(hld5) / E-410 with Zuiko's : 14-42mm f5.6 | 40-150mm f5.6 | 70-300mm f4 | 35mm Macro f3.5 | Sigma 50-500mm | Sigma 105mm Macro | FL-36r
    Macbook 2ghz/4gb/120gb/13.3"
    Lightroom/Photoshop CS5/Photomatix Pro 3.0
    www.dgpix.org.uk
    My Flickr

Re: Common Redpolls

Great shots Danny, I usually only hear them flying over head
    My Flickr Home Page

Comment

I really like these. The colours are fantastic. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhound View Post
        I really like these. The colours are fantastic. Thanks for posting.
        Yes brilliant to nab these beauties.

Even though you (and me) like to see them in their natural surroundings I felt this one could go in centre stage.
        They all looked a bit under exposed...maybe on the minus ex comp side - so just a quick slide in levels sorted it.
        Hope you don't mind me messing with this-will remove if you want.
        Keith
        Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
        Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

Danny,
          they are really lovely shots...how do you get such wonderful pictures? What lens did you use...if I could get anywhere near this sort of picture i would be well chuffed.
          Peter
          OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
          I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
          www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Comment

Superb set, Danny, thanks for showing.
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknroll59 View Post
              Danny,
              they are really lovely shots...how do you get such wonderful pictures? What lens did you use...if I could get anywhere near this sort of picture i would be well chuffed.
              Peter
              Click on the Flickr link ..it shows on the right of the pic.....

Keith
              Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
              Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

Only getting to do some replies now guys, sorry for the delay! Thanks for all the comments, they're a great little bird and not hard to get close to if you catch them feeding when they are not paying much attention to whats round them.

No worries on the edit Ringyneck, I always underexpose, its a bugbear of mine, just something ingrained into me to avoid blowing anything out :/

For those not wanting to click flickr, shot on e-5 and sigma 50-500mm, at a range of focal lengths, and mostly at :
                Exposure 0.002 sec (1/640)
                Aperture f/9.0
                Focal Length 500 mm
                ISO Speed 200

Thanks again!

D
                Olympus E-5 / E-620(hld5) / E-410 with Zuiko's : 14-42mm f5.6 | 40-150mm f5.6 | 70-300mm f4 | 35mm Macro f3.5 | Sigma 50-500mm | Sigma 105mm Macro | FL-36r
                Macbook 2ghz/4gb/120gb/13.3"
                Lightroom/Photoshop CS5/Photomatix Pro 3.0
                www.dgpix.org.uk
                My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X