Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Adder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adder

Was pushing my way through the bushes this afternoon not going slowly or quietly when I came face to face with this.We looked each other in the eye,I shot off four frames and then he went.

Not seen one of these in the forest for many years.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF...,0.037422&z=15
    Last edited by andym; 5th July 2008, 06:24 PM.
    All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Re: Adder

Andy

I like the patterns of the dry fern repeating the markings of the adder skin.

Did you get a close up of the head and tongue?

Peter
    Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

Peter

It all happened so quickly I think I was lucky just to get what I did.It moved away very quickly but in a very graceful way.
      In the other three the sun was fully out and I feel they do not look as good.
      All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Andy

I agree you did well and the even light is a good benefit.

I have great admiration as I tend to run away usually with a lot of noise when I see a snake. I wonder what I'll see in France, that is usually where I see them!

Peter
        Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

Fantastic grab shot of a remarkable creature, excellent camouflage. I suspect I would do the run away and hide thing myself

Is it just me - but when I see a snake or (particularly) a lizard close up, I am so impressed by how well made they are...

P
          Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

This is a great capture.

I have a keen interest in snakes and keep a Bairds Rat Snake of about 18 months old.

Have seen Grass Snakes in the wild but never had the pleasure of coming face to face with one of these beauty's.

My 4 year old daughter really makes me laugh because she will hold the snake and is really confident with it but show her the smallest insect or bug and she will scream the house down.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by bully74uk View Post
              My 4 year old daughter really makes me laugh because she will hold the snake and is really confident with it but show her the smallest insect or bug and she will scream the house down.

Thanks for sharing the picture.
              Yes Kids are funny,its just a question of familiarity.My daughter now 16 is not scared of snakes or most insects as I've alway been interested and shown them to her.

Thanks for the comment.
              All the best

Andy

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X