Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

colourful macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colourful macro

I have been quite depressed of late, (I lost the major work contract I had ), I haven't been taking many pictures or even going out. So I was quite pleased to have walked past someone's allotment and stumbled upon this blast of colour in full sun. And with my 105mm macro and EC1.4 on the camera to get in nice and close.

I took some much more adventurous shots of this poppy blowing about in the wind but settled on this as my favourite and immediately used it as my desktop on the MAC. It is quite cheery when I walk into the room and see it.

I like the informality of the composition, but mostly it is the over saturated colour. A little bit of colour therapy which is almost as good as chocolate!

I also took loads of damselflies at the village pond, but I think you've seen enough of those...

One of the joys of the MAC is changing my wallpaper to suit my mood and now I have got this for the grumpy days .
    Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Re: colourful macro

In a word - WOW.

Regards. Barr1e
    Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
      In a word - WOW.

Regards. Barr1e
      Barrie

thank you. You have been so kind you deserve to see my damselfly too

Don't you wish you could do that! I'm sure it could be a talking point at parties!

Peter
      Peter (Art Frames)

Comment

Good heavens - great capture and thanks Peter. I'm sure many will enjoy viewing.

Regards. Barr1e
        Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear about your bad news. But, as this picture proves, you should get out more! A superb image and, I think you'll agree, ideal therapy. I'm struggling with health problems that make every day more of a challenge than it ought to be and often I do feel quite down. But photography keeps me sane and helps me concentrate on the positives!

I hope things improve for you soon, but in the meantime try a little more photo therapy and post the results here. If they're anything like the one you've just shown they'll sure cheer me up even if they don't do anything for you! (But I'm sure they will)

Cheers
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Wow, I've just seen your damsel fly too. That's made me feel better and itching to get out with my camera. I bet seeing it in this thread has made you feel better too! See what I mean about therapy?
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

What a lovely shot of a poppy, so colourful and intriguing. A genuinely great composition.

There is nothing like a big splash of bold colour to brighten things up.

As for the damsel flies, well they are strange little things always worth adding to the genre. And of course they are food for ducks - now there's a subject for life, not just for lunch.

Nice to see you posting again, I was getting a bit worried.

Nick
              Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
              www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Well thank you!

This is what this forum is good at. Making someone feel so much better.

John - Nick - Barrie you are too kind and have cheered me up. I have lost heart with it all at times but this was a great lift.

I will try and get back to posting more again. It was a very positive place to be a few months back.

cheers all

peter
                Peter (Art Frames)

Comment

Peter,

Both are superb shots. Love the colours and composition. Keep your spirits up.

All the best PeterD
                  Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

Peter

Thank you for those kind words. It is so good to see you posting here as well. Stick around, I need as many friends as I can get to keep pushing me.

John made me think about enjoying it all again. It would be good.

Peter
                    Peter (Art Frames)

Comment

Fantastic shot of the poppy, one of the very best images I have seen on here for a while. I think the colours are incredibly well matched and complement eachother nicely. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Scapula Memory View Post
                        Fantastic shot of the poppy, one of the very best images I have seen on here for a while. I think the colours are incredibly well matched and complement eachother nicely. Well done.
                        Thank you John.

That is very kind of you.

I have to say that it caught my eye and I just responded to a strong visual, the colour and form were lovely to see and worth stopping for.

Peter
                        Peter (Art Frames)

Comment

Superb shot, great colours and really sharp. You mention the wind blowing so you did very well to capture the poppy at such a magnification without some blur

Cheers,

JohnGG

Comment

Originally posted by art frames View Post
                            Peter

Thank you for those kind words. It is so good to see you posting here as well. Stick around, I need as many friends as I can get to keep pushing me.

John made me think about enjoying it all again. It would be good.

Peter
                            Thanks Peter. Its not the same without a gallery I shall pop in now and then and, if something catches my eye at the time, I shall respond as I have done this time for yours and Nicks posts.
                            Take care all. Catch up with again soon.

PeterD
                            Best Regards

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Comment

Hi Peter

What a really good couple of shots, I have been trying to get a similar type of poppy shot but have yet to snap anything decent, I would have been very proud indeed to have posted your Poppy! It looks like the lens coupled with the EC14 together with no small amount of skill on your part seems to have nailed it for sure.
                              Thanks for posting them, an inspiration for others (and me) I am sure.

Cheers
                              Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X