Conservatory Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservatory Capture

This came into my conservatory on Sunday morning, it flew around a while terrifying the living daylights out of me, so I did not get a good shot of flying, it settled on the ceiling facing away from me, and I managed to get a few shots.

I have got a few images in various proximity, some more detailed than others, in fact probably got too many to process, I just wish I had got some in it's natural habitat.
    Blackadder: "Allow me to be the first to offer Dr. Johnson my most sincere contrafibularities! I am anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused him such pericombobulation."

Re: Conservatory Capture

Lucky? you; like the handstand version best.
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Very nice - looks like it was admiring itself in the glass.
      John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery

Comment

Lovely sharp shots of a female Southern Hawker. Haven't seen one this year yet.

Thanks for sharing.
        Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Must have made you jump.....looks like a Female Common Hawker.
          Well detailed shots.
          Keith

Update ...looks like Peter did the I.D. before me.
          Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
          Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

Thanks guy's, with this information I googled the species and was amazed to find that these prehistoric creatures take up to three
            Blackadder: "Allow me to be the first to offer Dr. Johnson my most sincere contrafibularities! I am anaspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused him such pericombobulation."

Comment

That is a beauty Alan

I find their compound eyes amazing and wonder what they see when they look at us?? Lovely shots and thanks for sharing

Greg
              My Flickr Home Page

Comment

WoW ! Alan you are such a jammy dodger well captured, now come on you can tell me what did you smear about to attract that delightful Dragon in ? ... schhh ... whisper so no one else can hear ...
                [I].
                I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                  WoW ! Alan you are such a jammy dodger well captured, now come on you can tell me what did you smear about to attract that delightful Dragon in ? ... schhh ... whisper so no one else can hear ...

Well, we do often have "Jammie Dodgers" in the house but not for long, otherwise it may have been attracted to the noise of my high pitched singing voice

Comment

Originally posted by kidslateinlife View Post
                    Well, ... otherwise it may have been attracted to the noise of my high pitched singing voice
                    OOoh a man with a high pitched singing voice, well I shall not ask theee how yee got that ...
                    [I].
                    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Excellent shots, difficult to track them down in the wild and to have one come to you is amazing. Were you trained in Hameln?

David
                      PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
                        Excellent shots, difficult to track them down in the wild and to have one come to you is amazing. Were you trained in Hameln?

David
                        Haha......... very close in fact, I am originally from Hamel..ton (hamilton).

At 46 my magic pipes have faded, although I did find two mice in my outside bin the other day, munching their way through some old crackers.

Thank you David, I am beginning to appreciate the visit I had more and more.

Comment

Working...
                        X