Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

50m+EX-25 = dragonfly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50m+EX-25 = dragonfly?

I would call this a dragonfly, but what do I know... perhaps someone can confirm.

But the point is I have never been sure about the 50mm + EX-25 for use in the wild, but it worked out quite well this weekend, you just have to remember not to poke the subject with the lens!

Amazing creatures, whatever they are.

All the best,
    Phil

Re: 50m+EX-25 = dragonfly?

Originally posted by emirpprime View Post
    It's a damselfly - dragonflies stick their wings out sideways when at rest.

Jim

Comment

Lovely shots. Very crisp.
      Hugh of Bardfield
      Essex, UK
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/hughofbardfield/
      http://hughweller-lewisphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by emirpprime View Post
        I would call this a dragonfly, but what do I know... perhaps someone can confirm.

But the point is I have never been sure about the 50mm + EX-25 for use in the wild, but it worked out quite well this weekend, you just have to remember not to poke the subject with the lens!

All the best,
        Phil

Well done Phil

There are so many of the wonderful creatures about at the moment I just cant stop photographing them.
        There also many diferent types of Damsel fly.AT the moment on my local river there are lots of what I think are Banded Damselflies ie have blue bands on the wings.
        I think yours is a Blue tailed.
        All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Thanks Jim - I have always wondered what the difference was!

Thanks for the compliment Hugh, I must admit they were willing subjects, both sitting still and tolerating me creeping towards them.

Thanks for the comment Andy! It is certainly a good time of year for the photographer, stunning sunset tonight in my neck of the woods too.

All the best,
          Phil

Comment

Great shots - I can never get close enough to those things, so I admire your stalking technique as well.

Nick
            Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
            www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X