Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Longleat Safari Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longleat Safari Park

Weather held off long enough for us to enjoy a great day out at Longleat. Car survived the monkey enclosure and snapped some phots I was happy with although I am becoming increasingly spooked by the clearly malevolent intelligence in the eyes of the monkey in the first shot!

Just up the road, we may have to start visiting more frequently.

Re: Longleat Safari Park

I like the last one, looks like you just came upon it walking in the woods
    The parrot shot is made by the second one in the background adding the color

Cheers

Dave

Comment

LURVE the Lion ... sad about the car behind it ... but nice lion - I must get there this year ...
      [I].
      I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
      Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Lovely set of pictures considering the overcast day. I particularly like the rhino standoff, who won?

When we went there a couple of years ago the monkey enclosure was closed, I think they had a stock pile of wiper blades they needed to shift. Glad to hear your car survived.

John
        John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

We ended up stuck in the lion enclosure for a while after the neighbouring pride got a bit restless. The cars were almost nose to tail so unable to get a better background unfortunately.

The white rhinos were both chased off by a dominant dromedary which was quite funny until it looked as though the rhinos were being herded toward the cars!

Definitely be going back soon.

Comment

Some nice shots here and great potential for future visits.
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
            X