Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Bright and breezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright and breezy

back at Southwold today with work, much better than Monday, bright but breezy...took a number of shots but just couldn't see any worth posting but here are the best of the bunch...taken with my new 12-54 lens, but not sure if I am happy with the results as the clarity seems about the same as my 14-42, perhaps I am doing something wrong...??

The same log from a different angle...

This one was right at the end and looks as if it gets the full brunt of the incoming wind, slightly on the 'Huh' as we say in suffolk.

the shadow effect didn't quite look right in colour so I thought it looked better in B&W... anyway i'll keep trying..

Peter
    OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Re: Bright and breezy

Hi Peter.
    I like these shots (and Southwold). The beach hut on the "Huh" (we use that expression in Essex too) is good. The name on it looks as if it could be "Carl Marx" if so it's most appropriate ( leaning to the left ).

I don't think you are doing anything "wrong" but would offer a couple of observations.
    In the first two you used a wide aperture of f3.5 which has given a shutter speed of 1/4000 in the bright conditions, a smaller aperture might have been better.
    The histograms for the first two are bunched in the middle. A tweak of the levels and a little sharpening would give more "clarity".

Hope you don't mind but here's one I tweaked.

I've put some others in an album in my gallery. Please say if you'd prefer I removed them all.

Regards
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Thanks Peter....don't mind at all...the log looks almost gold in colour which wasn't evident before I took the photo's.

Thanks for your input i'm happy for any advice I can gain...it's all about trial and error. I'll be out and about again at the weekend camera in hand.

Peter
      OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
      I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
      www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Comment

Old decaying wood and tumbledown beach huts at Southwold was a milestone in my digital photography development - my first trip out with my new Digilux 2. I learnt so much from that visit and the subsequent pp and deletions that Southwold has a permanent place in my heart!

David
        PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Comment

Working...
        X