Salisbury Saunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salisbury Saunter

This Sunday was hot down south... This was our conservatory about lunchtime: +55 or more. I spent 15 seconds taking this picture then I had to get out.

There: That's annoyed everyone north of Watford.. so on with the story.

We went to Salisbury to visit relatives, and we walked down into the city at dusk, after the punters had all gone home.

It's quite an odd experience having the place almost to ourselves. Lovely juxtaposition of urban lighting and sky, I thought.

We ended up at the amusingly named New Inn (its 15th century and rather nice actually)

And as a final bonus they have a view of the floodlit spire from their beer garden.

(This last one: The E620, ISO800, 1/4 second hand held)

Pete
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Re: Salisbury Saunter

Absolutely lovely shots Pete of that quintessential city of Salibury. last time we were there it was also a hot day...we could have used our summerhouse this weekend for cooking in..!!

Peter
    OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    www.flickr.com/photos/141996687@N02/

Comment

Great shots Pete ! LURVE Salisbury visit friends there and town often

Our Courtyard was 120 this weekend hot! hot! very very hot! but great crop of grapes on the vines
      [I].
      I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
      Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Grrrrrrr!

Annoyed North of Watford.

Sunday, it chucked down in the morning. But very pleasant and interesting tour of the Big Hoose, courtesy of Stephen L and his good lady. Many thanks to them.
        Followed by a brunch at the Austrian Bakery and cafe in Gullane. Seriously dangerous cakes!

I like No. 2 best. Clean and simple.
        Duncan

Lots of toys.

Comment

Working...
        X