Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES Please don't forget to vote on November's LEAVES challenge and please re-vote if you already did but before the recent forum upgrade.

See more
See less

Two from my old friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two from my old friend

I just found these two, going through deleting all my rubbish shots and housekeeping/indexing the keepers

Marwell Zoo and my old friend the E-1 + 14-54 back in in Spring 2010 and the Amur Leopard is through glass and they were only lossy jpeg files

Enjoy !
    Last edited by Chevvyf1; 1st July 2011, 06:20 AM. Reason: Not Tiger !:(
    [I].
    I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
    Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Re: Two from my old friend

Gorgeous shots! Am most impressed with the second, especially given that it was taken through glass.

PS That's an Amur Leopard (not a Tiger) - only just over 30 of these beautiful animals left in the wild

Comment

Originally posted by the4ts View Post
      Gorgeous shots! Am most impressed with the second, especially given that it was taken through glass.

PS That's an Amur Leopard (not a Tiger) - only just over 30 of these beautiful animals left in the wild
      Thanks for the comments and "Leopard" too ! phew! now changed. I had no idea that only 30 in the wild, thats sad .

I too am still amazed at just how good the E-1 is, for me even - and that shot through the glass, you can see the "bloom" in the bottom right corner, of the dirty glass ! a few years ago the two at Marwell had a baby ! and I think it went to another zoo in the uk !
      [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Never been to Marwell, but it always amuses me how much signage there is to get to the place. we must circumnavigate all the way round it when travelling down the motorway and around to Portsmouth.

Oh and Great Pictures by the way, that leopard shot is fantastic!

Comment

Hi Pepper, Thanks for your comments on the Leopard shot ... ... perhaps you ought to take a look in at Marwell, one of these trips to Portsmouth ?

I love the Snow Leopards too and have some real close, close ups of them, tight with 50-200 through the 6" square net wire ; The Rhino are outside in summer and come close to the fence for clear shots with same lens; the Giraffe are now out in the Savannah plain so clear shots of them; The Kookaburra and Wallabys are walking about yu and good close ups too; and the Cheetah now have a new walkway over them so no wire shots there too ! and the Kangeroos have baby Jooeys too now popping out Maybe I should start a Marwell thread
          [I].

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
          X