Lower Brockhampton Infrared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Brockhampton Infrared

I have just got back from a weeks holiday in a Cottage in Worcestershire next to the river Teme. I spent a day visiting the Brockhampton estate in Herefordshire. It turned out to be a really sunny day, so I got my trusty IR converted E-1 out and had a play. Not really ideal IR conditions as the trees were only just starting to sprout leaves but the results have not turned out too badly.

A really nice National Trust property to visit, highly recommended. My first visit that hopefully will not be my last, I hope you all enjoy the pics.

Cheers

Chris

Re: Lower Brockhampton Infrared

I like them all but 1 and 3 are my favorites. My only criticism of them (1 & 3) would be slightly less foreground but maybe that's just me.

Regards - Paul
    Regards - Paul

Comment

Paul,

Funny you should say that as I thought No1 could benefit from a crop. Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Nice; looks unreal if that is possible?
        Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Now these images show exactly why I really must get one of my E510's converted to IR only. Love theses shots...
          John

Comment

It is virtually impossible to replicate the dribbling, drooling and general salivating sounds I made when I first saw these images.
            Further more adjectives with which to describe my appreciation seem so inadequate.
            I have been a photographer for around forty years now and having had images judged by my peers and superiors and had the opportunity to judge images by my peers and superiors I am to say the least a little jaded now. It takes a lot to impress me, most images I see fall into the "yep, seen that, done that, did it better as well" category. But these images quite frankly took my breath away.
            Furthermore a professional colleague has just called round and they are as awestruck as I am.
            We are anxious to draw them to the attention of another "photographer" who with three years experience and having just acquired their first serious camera
            (a C*n*n 550D) is well experienced and competent enough to style himself professional photographer (his opinion not ours). He will almost certainly fail to appreciate that these images were not taken on a top end full fame DSLR but on what is now regarded as a quite humble machine from the Jurrassic period of digital photography
            Please take the above comments as a huge compliment, you have talent and humility, qualities rarely found in the modern photographer who adopts the attitude of "buy the best kit and if I take enough images one at least is bound to be OK"

Well done, truly well done.

"Always shoot in RAW and avoid JPEGs"

William Shakespeare.

Comment

Originally posted by Seonnaidh View Post
              It is virtually impossible to replicate the dribbling, drooling and general salivating sounds I made when I first saw these images.
              Further more adjectives with which to describe my appreciation seem so inadequate.

Well done, truly well done.
              Ditto

Might I ask where you got your converted machine? Or, where you got your machine converted?
              Ceri Vale
              (www.vale-images.co.uk)

(Latest Work)

Equipment - Olympus stuff - 'nuff said

Comment

Cracking images there, can't decide if #1 or #2 is best.
                AlistairJ

alistairj.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by CallaWolf View Post
                  Ditto

Might I ask where you got your converted machine? Or, where you got your machine converted?

Ditto ditto... the only place I have currently discovered is in the USA, and unfortunately I have also read some bad reviews of delays/non delivery of cameras etc so am not inclined to use this guy. If you can let us know where you had this done I'd appreciate it - as would several others here, ta.
                  John

Comment

Fantastic
                    Regards
                    Michael

OM-D E-M5 mk2, m12-40mm f2.8, m25mm f1.8, m45mm f1.8, m60mm f2.8 Macro, M14‑150mm 1:4-5.6 II, M75-300mm MK2, Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye

Comment

I have done a d-i-y conversion on an E-450. I also have an E-420 part-way through conversion. If anyone is interested in the latter please get in touch
                      AlistairJ

alistairj.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by AlistairJ View Post
                        I have done a d-i-y conversion on an E-450. I also have an E-420 part-way through conversion. If anyone is interested in the latter please get in touch
                        Hi Alistair

Would you consider doing the conversion of an E-510... paid for of course...?
                        John

Comment

Hi John,

Sorry but no. I did originally want to convert a couple of E-520's but found the extra mechanism and wiring for the IS assembly too scary. You don't need IS for shooting outdoors in daylight. So I went back to 4xx's. Plus, the ability to imager-focus in live-view is a useful feature.

I'd be happy to share the knowledge and recommend a supplier for the filter glass, PM for details.

AlistairJ

alistairj.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by AlistairJ View Post
                            Hi John,

Sorry but no. I did originally want to convert a couple of E-520's but found the extra mechanism and wiring for the IS assembly too scary. So I went back to 4xx's. Plus, the ability to imager-focus in live-view is a useful feature.

I'd be happy to share the knowledge and recommend a supplier for the filter glass, PM for details.

Aha, OK, I understand. I'd never be as brave as you to have a go at this myself. I shall wait for CaptainD to let us know where he got his converted and will contact them.

Thanks for replying promptly though.
                            John

Comment

I'm just wondering about getting a camera converted and then offering it as a hire camera. Would anyone here be interested in hiring a converted camera? Which model E-Series camera would be the most popular converted camera?

Ian
                              Founder and editor of:
                              Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                              Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                              Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                              Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                              NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X