Announcement

Collapse

December's CHALLENGE

The topic to inspire your creative juices this month is BOXES

See more
See less

A few recent garden wild life images

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A few recent garden wild life images

    A few recent garden wild life images, shutter speeds beginning to climb now the sun is making the odd appearance











    Regards Huw


    Olympus equipment
    Capture One Pro
    My flickr

  • #2
    Re: A few recent garden wild life images

    Nice to see that you have a blackcap in your garden, I was just looking at shots from this time last year and it had just arrived; it is back this year. Oh for some sun!
    Ed

    What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A few recent garden wild life images

      Originally posted by Wee man View Post
      Nice to see that you have a blackcap in your garden, I was just looking at shots from this time last year and it had just arrived; it is back this year. Oh for some sun!
      Thanks Ed, yes we have a few visit our garden quite regularly, great to see a bit of sun as well
      Regards Huw


      Olympus equipment
      Capture One Pro
      My flickr

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A few recent garden wild life images

        Another lovely series Huw.
        Our common garden birds are actually very colourful and often overlooked by many. Photography gives us the opportunity to see them in more detail and realise there is fascinating detail in feather patterns etc.Even the Blackbird is much more than just black.

        Thanks for sharing.
        Peter

        she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

        E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
        OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
        Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A few recent garden wild life images

          Originally posted by PETERBIRDER View Post
          Another lovely series Huw.
          Our common garden birds are actually very colourful and often overlooked by many. Photography gives us the opportunity to see them in more detail and realise there is fascinating detail in feather patterns etc.Even the Blackbird is much more than just black.

          Thanks for sharing.
          Thanks Peter, agreed I never tire of observing our little garden friends
          Regards Huw


          Olympus equipment
          Capture One Pro
          My flickr

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A few recent garden wild life images

            Yes, it's easy to overlook the wonders we have right on our doorstep, or rather in our back garden. This is a lovely series that helps us to appreciate them. I love blackbirds, more for their characters than anything else.
            John

            "A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A few recent garden wild life images

              Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              Yes, it's easy to overlook the wonders we have right on our doorstep, or rather in our back garden. This is a lovely series that helps us to appreciate them. I love blackbirds, more for their characters than anything else.
              Thanks John
              Regards Huw


              Olympus equipment
              Capture One Pro
              My flickr

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                All good captures in a natural setting, the blackcap and the blackbird are my favs from the set, well done.
                Olympus E-5 / E-620(hld5) / E-410 with Zuiko's : 14-42mm f5.6 | 40-150mm f5.6 | 70-300mm f4 | 35mm Macro f3.5 | Sigma 50-500mm | Sigma 105mm Macro | FL-36r
                Macbook 2ghz/4gb/120gb/13.3"
                Lightroom/Photoshop CS5/Photomatix Pro 3.0
                www.dgpix.org.uk
                My Flickr

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                  Love the blackbird.
                  sigpicDave

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                    Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    All good captures in a natural setting, the blackcap and the blackbird are my favs from the set, well done.
                    Originally posted by sapper View Post
                    Love the blackbird.
                    Thanks Danny and Dave
                    Regards Huw


                    Olympus equipment
                    Capture One Pro
                    My flickr

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                      Originally posted by Johnheatingman
                      As one who has probably taken more pictures of pidgeons than anything else on earth.... ( they don't move as fast as Blue Tits ) the pidgeon photo deserves a vote as well.

                      Regards
                      John
                      Thanks John, your comment made me chuckle, I would wager that Wood pigeons are the major (unspoken) target for many many cameras
                      They certainly make good target practice with their very relaxed attitude
                      Regards Huw


                      Olympus equipment
                      Capture One Pro
                      My flickr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                        Don't know how I missed these, the blue tit is a cracker Hew.
                        Regards Paul.
                        One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                          Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
                          Don't know how I missed these, the blue tit is a cracker Hew.
                          Thanks Paul
                          Regards Huw


                          Olympus equipment
                          Capture One Pro
                          My flickr

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                            It's not about being rare or common but the quality of the image and these all qualify.
                            My local Woodies are really shy and flighty...must be the local Sparrowhawk that does it.

                            Keith
                            Keith


                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/68459774@N05

                            E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
                            Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A few recent garden wild life images

                              Originally posted by ringneck View Post
                              It's not about being rare or common but the quality of the image and these all qualify.
                              My local Woodies are really shy and flighty...must be the local Sparrowhawk that does it.

                              Keith
                              Thanks for your generous comments Keith, Woodies around here are pretty relaxed, at least in comparison to all our other smaller feathered friends
                              Regards Huw


                              Olympus equipment
                              Capture One Pro
                              My flickr

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X