Wild Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Ireland

A couple of shots taken on the stunning West coast of Ireland. Pretty uninspiring weather, must go back when it's sunny!

David
    PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Re: Wild Ireland

Nice shots, particularly the first with the spray caught against the darker headland.

Perhaps though not quite level.

Nick
    Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
    www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

You're right, I have a bad habit of shooting cock-eyed and forgetting to correct in PP.

David

Comment

Dramatic scenery. What part of Ireland, David?
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Thanks. The first shot is Trawmore in Keel bay, Achill Island and the second is Sruhir Strand at Roonagh (Inish Turk, Clare Island and Achill Island in Background) - both Co. Mayo.

David

Comment

Nice pictures but agree about the horizon.
            All the best

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr

Comment

Nice shots from a lovely area.
              Ed

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?

Comment

Two good ones, the first is a fav, love the breaking wave.
                Olympus E-5 / E-620(hld5) / E-410 with Zuiko's : 14-42mm f5.6 | 40-150mm f5.6 | 70-300mm f4 | 35mm Macro f3.5 | Sigma 50-500mm | Sigma 105mm Macro | FL-36r
                Macbook 2ghz/4gb/120gb/13.3"
                Lightroom/Photoshop CS5/Photomatix Pro 3.0
                www.dgpix.org.uk
                My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
                  Thanks. The first shot is Trawmore in Keel bay, Achill Island and the second is Sruhir Strand at Roonagh (Inish Turk, Clare Island and Achill Island in Background) - both Co. Mayo.

David
                  Thanks David. I haven't been to that part of Ireland yet. Hopefully one day!
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Horizon now corrected!

David

Comment

Very nice dramatic scenics David, love the big sky in the second one.
                      Regards Paul.
                      One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

Lovely shots, specially the first. The "uninspiring" weather suits it perfectly, it really showcases the majestic Achill landscape. And it pretty much sums up Ireland for me, as it's been like that every time I've seen it! It's a magical part of the world.

Years ago we had a week cycling from Galway all round Connemara, finishing with a long day from Westport to Dooagh at the west end of Achill. The day was made all the longer by extreme refreshment the previous night in Matt Molloy's pub Most of the time the weather had been like this, but all of a sudden in the evening it fell flat calm and it was one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I've ever been. No photos sadly, I was too knackered to do it justice.

Ciao ... John

Comment

Ah, i spent many a holiday as a wee fella on Achill island, stunning place. Thinking of heading to Dunfanaghy in Donegal for a week at Easter, hope to get some good bird photography done up there.
                          Olympus E-5 / E-620(hld5) / E-410 with Zuiko's : 14-42mm f5.6 | 40-150mm f5.6 | 70-300mm f4 | 35mm Macro f3.5 | Sigma 50-500mm | Sigma 105mm Macro | FL-36r
                          Macbook 2ghz/4gb/120gb/13.3"
                          Lightroom/Photoshop CS5/Photomatix Pro 3.0
                          www.dgpix.org.uk
                          My Flickr

Comment

The scenery around Dunfanaghy and that area of Donegal is absolutely stunning Danny. Take a trip out to Tory Island - we saw a Snowy Owl there a couple of years ago.
                            David

Comment

David,

Landscapes rarely get me excited but these are lovely. I love the colours of the sea in the first but I think the second just pips it for me because of the way the lines of the clouds follow the lines of the waves and shoreline. And the weather adds more drama to both. Maybe I am being a bit picky but is the horizon on the second still down a little to the left? Perhaps it is the diagonals fooling my eyes. Again lovely shots, thank you for sharing.

Will

Comment

Working...
                              X